Holiday Per Diem Differential

Hey Everyone,

I work per diem evening shifts for the company I work 8-5 for.  The pay is $80/hr for the additional shifts.  They don't have anyone to work New Year's Eve and New Years Day. Both shifts are 3-11 pm.  The differential they are offering is $10 so $90/hr.  $90/hr is great but should I take just $10/hr more for working holidays or tell them no unless they do better? I'm not sure how to approach that conversation if I say they will have to do better. 

I'll hang up and listen. 

Thank you, 

New Year's Eve in every place I've ever worked has not been considered a holiday.  New Year's Day, however, is considered one.  Most places I've worked offered time and a half for major holidays.  I've not personally seen double time for major holidays although I'm sure it's out there.

Were they asking me to work, and I wanted to work on a holiday, I'd ask and argue for double time but accept nothing less than time and a half.

the docs and pas in my group do not get extra for any holiday or weekend. we get a night differential only. it's rvu based, so if they pay someone more for a holiday everyone else in the group makes less come bonus time and the chiefs(sitting at home most holidays) aren't fans of anything that depletes the bonus pool...

shifts that are short notice/hard to fill/sudden illness/family emergency, etc,, etc sometimes will get an incentive of 15/hr on top of base pay just to get a body on shift.

Archived