$500 acceptance fee

I was looking at the costs on the FAQs page for Nova Southeastern. There are the following fees:

• Acceptance Fee (Due within 2 weeks of acceptance) - $500
  • Deposit (due February 15) - $250
  • Pre-Registration Fee (due April 1) - $250

Is the $500 Acceptance Fee due within 2 weeks of the applicant expressing commitment to attend Nova Southeastern, or is it due within 2 weeks of the university accepting the applicant? In other words, once the university grants admission, does the invitee have to decide whether to accept it within 2 weeks?

I was looking at the costs on the FAQs page for Nova Southeastern. There are the following fees:

• Acceptance Fee (Due within 2 weeks of acceptance) - $500
  • Deposit (due February 15) - $250
  • Pre-Registration Fee (due April 1) - $250

Is the $500 Acceptance Fee due within 2 weeks of the applicant expressing commitment to attend Nova Southeastern, or is it due within 2 weeks of the university accepting the applicant? In other words, once the university grants admission, does the invitee have to decide whether to accept it within 2 weeks?

Once you receive the official acceptance letter it will be more clear. You will have approximately two weeks from the date the letter was mailed to pay $500.

Simply, you get an acceptance letter and from that point you have 2 weeks to pay. Hope that helps.

Most only give 2 weeks......I most are 500....I applied one place where it was 750 within 2 weeks and then another 750 about two weeks later but then another place I applied only wanted 300, so it can definitely vary. I think some schools do higher amounts to ensure less people put down money just to hold a seat incase they dont get in somewhere else

To clearify this, you have 2 weeks from the date of the acceptance letter to pay the $500.00 acceptance. If you are having financial trouble, call Judy Dickman. She was able to extend mine an extra week last year. Once you pay that, there are 2 more dates before school starts of a $250.00 payment. The total acceptance fee is $1000 but this is counted toward your first semester tuition if you attend the program. If you pull out for any reason, the money is forfeited. The reason Nova has this policy of within 2 weeks of the letter is due to having rolling admissions. I believe over half the spots have already been awarded out but not everyone has accepted or paid and interviews are filled for another couple months. Hope this helps :)

• 1 month later...

Archived