Shooting for big name schools or going with lesser known schools

Does it really matter where you graduate from as far as employment goes directly out of school and years down the road?

I think I may end up at a point where I am accepted into lesser known schools but could have a shot at bigger named schools like Duke and Yale if i get more HCE and take more classes to boost GPA.

Is it worth waiting another year or two and getting into schools like Duke or Yale or is it best to just get into a school ASAP

The sooner I am employed as a P.A the better but getting into a well known school like Yale definitely has its perks.

PA school is PA school. It's all a standardized curriculum no matter where you go. Find a school whose mission suits your mission, and one that will prepare you well for the PANCE. IMO, big name schools are just that: names. They look great on a resume, but the bigger factor is, can you competently and compassionately practice medicine?

Do you know what they call the PA that graduated from Duke and the PA that graduated from the new program that just opened up? A PA-C.

Granted, some experiences may differ but getting those credentials behind your name are all that count. Once you start working, your experience is all that matters.

Make sure they help you pass your boards and are cheap at the same time.

I would assume that all would equally prepare for the passing of state boards??????  All of the education is accredited and standardized right?

Also, what about the fact that some programs offer different degree titles.  for instance, some offer "master of physician assistant studies"  while others offer "master of medical science"

master of medical science seems much more marketable especially if one decides later in life they want to do other non PA type work.

Archived