Pre-PA health care experience help

Guest jmad1201

I've heard of some that are looking for health care exposure and others looking spell out, hands on hce. again gotta look at the school. I wish I had spent some time in the pharmacy, my girlfriend is currently doing the same job and she has been a help to me when I'm studying pharm. if nothing else she helps me pronounce names of drugs! Seems like we have a mixed bag of people in our class. Ranging from people who did research in medicine and not so hands on with patients to people spending alot of their military time in clinical settings/emts/nurses aids. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

I was offered a job as a counselor at a mental health unit in a long term care facility. I have a CNA registration and a psychology degree so they thought i would be the perfect fit. I would be responsible for assessing residents and providing mental support for them though one on one sessions and group meetings.The only other people that work in the unit with me are a CNA and a nurse. Is this considered healthcare experience, even though its more related to mental health??

Thank you

I was offered a job as a counselor at a mental health unit in a long term care facility. I have a CNA registration and a psychology degree so they thought i would be the perfect fit. I would be responsible for assessing residents and providing mental support for them though one on one sessions and group meetings.The only other people that work in the unit with me are a CNA and a nurse. Is this considered healthcare experience, even though its more related to mental health??

Thank you

First, this belongs in the pre-PA folder.

Necro-ing a 1+ year old thread that is in the wrong section. :heheh:

Archived