*** Class of 2014 interview!!!

I just got the email invite to interview with MEDEX in Seattle on Oct 4th, 2011.

- CASPA mailed out my application on 7/10

- The supplement application was submitted on 7/29

I'm really excited, who ever got an interview invite on 10/04 see you there. :smile:

P.S. I'm applying MCHS, Seattle program.

Good luck everyone

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the interview invites and my heart almost sank to my stomach because I haven't heard anything yet. My CASPA app was mailed to the program on 7/29, but I am applying to Yakima along with you; ToppDog and Corpsman2PA. Thanks for the heads up about Yakima interviewing later! That makes me feel so much better :)

Good luck to all of you!

Sara

Sara, Topp, Corpsman et al: I just flipped back through my old emails and I got my invite for Yakima invite 11-17 last year for the Dec 4 interview. It is very true that the different campuses interview at different times. Y'all still have a couple of months to "stew in your own juices" worrying/wondering. I recommend finding something productive so you don't go insane. (or more insane, depending on your current baseline).

Congrats to the forming Seattle class, good luck to all of you!

Sara, Topp, Corpsman et al: I just flipped back through my old emails and I got my invite for Yakima invite 11-17 last year for the Dec 4 interview. It is very true that the different campuses interview at different times. Y'all still have a couple of months to "stew in your own juices" worrying/wondering. I recommend finding something productive so you don't go insane. (or more insane, depending on your current baseline).

Congrats to the forming Seattle class, good luck to all of you!

Good to know Steve. The insanity level is under control...I've managed to keep my brain in check. Now if I could just get those dang pink elephants out of my bathroom I'd be ok....

Yes, I appreciate that information too Steve! I'm trying to let it go because it's now out of my hands. It's nice to have sort of a ballpark figure though. I'm fairly confident that if I hadn't heard anything by mid-October, I would have felt defeated. I appreciate all your insight from all your posts! Good luck to you ToppDogg and Corpsman. Hopefully we will be meeting very soon!

Sara

Congrats to all getting interviews in the master program. I spoke to someone today, the general perception for the Anchorage site is interview invites going out in November with at least a two week minimum announcement. This would be fairly similar to last year. Good luck to all the other Anchorage site applicants.

Mstarks...last year they did hold a second interview for all campuses, all on the same day. In other words...first interviews were individual campuses...the second interview to fill the last few seats were all performed in Seattle, regardless of where they applied to..I think 7 seats of Yakima got filled from that second interview. They didn't get invited until January or so. Made their day for sure.

Hi there, mstarks. I was told that the first round of interviews would take place the first week in October, and the second round would take place the first week in November for the Seattle Master's program. So you should hear mid-October if you get a November interview. Fingers crossed for you!

Greetings,

As I began to read the threads about interviews I was a little nervous because I haven't heard anything yet, then I saw that those who have interview dates have submitted applications long before I did (30 Aug.). Am glad I submitted by the early deadline. Am applying for Yakima.

Can anyone tell me about how long it took from the time their CASPA app was verified and mailed to the time they received their interview date?

Thanks and looking forward to the next step,

Noekae

Greetings,

As I began to read the threads about interviews I was a little nervous because I haven't heard anything yet, then I saw that those who have interview dates have submitted applications long before I did (30 Aug.). Am glad I submitted by the early deadline. Am applying for Yakima.

Can anyone tell me about how long it took from the time their CASPA app was verified and mailed to the time they received their interview date?

Thanks and looking forward to the next step,

Noekae

Last year's Yakima class invite to interview went out mid November. I submitted my application last year on Aug 28. Hope that helps.

May I ask a question of previous applicants and/or current students? How does this interview process work, exactly? I've never seen or heard about these being done conference-style in a hotel. Are there so many interviewees that it's held there? How many interviewees are there? Is the hotel close to the campus so we can get a peek at the RVC? Besides the essay, what are the group activities? You can skip that last one if the activities are meant to be secret. I'm not looking for an unfair advantage, just a heads-up on what to expect since the situation is different than what I've encountered in the past.

Thanks!! Also, yes, I know I said "question" then proceeded to ask several. I didn't say I was good at math. ;p

Archived