2012 applicants?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for the info. My name is Andrew, I was waiting for the orientation about an hour before it started. I might have been there with my mother or girlfriend (brought them to make sure my support system (people I love and who love and care for me) understand what I will be going through). I am not sure who I was with; I have been there so many times for orientations. Anyways, I remember you were there because you already applied and the speaker asked your last name and said they were just getting to your application. Can not wait till February wishfully thinking. BTW I am an EMT if that rings a bell.

That was so long ago... lol! It's funny, in a way, I think my attending the orientation in February somehow helped in getting me a spot, since they were getting ready to send them out shortly thereafter. Probably had nothing to do with it, but.... you never know... maybe it made them notice my name later or something. Anyway, if you don't hear anything till February, I'd advise going to the information session in February to inquire about it instead of calling.. might get better answers.

My last name is "L". I am all the way down here in San Diego County. I tried calling the office Wednesday and Thursday; no answer. I, too, am becoming a little neurotic with thinking the post office lost the application. I am now second guessing if I sent it to the correct address. If there is no post card nor can I get hold of anyone in the office, I am planning a drive to the office Monday. At least I got another class to take while I am waiting....Human Dissection. Anyone else take this class? Other than the distinct smell, anything else I should be prepared for? I can still get into the Human Heredity class. Any opinions whether it would be a good idea? (I really, really don't like sitting idle.)

:saddd: nothing yet. My last name starts with an "S"

Me neither, ssalabao. I am growing more despondent by the day. Today is Saturday. If I have nothing in the mail today, I am taking a road trip on Monday to the campus. I will let you know what I find out. The neurosis has got to stop!! :)

So I checked and double checked the mail yesterday; nothing. I will be road tripping Monday.

I'm getting all my bills but no postcard. I told my boyfriend don't give me anything unless it is a postcard from RCC lol. I also want to go to office, but I'm going to stay positive and try and wait this week out.

I don't think you should worry too much about not getting your postcard yet. Many of us haven't. If you are freaking out now just wait until February when you are waiting on acceptance - because we probably won't hear anything until at least March.

I have already told myself I will not get an acceptance/rejection letter until at least May. After reading through some of the postings from last year, this timeframe isn't too far off. I can deal with not having the acceptance/rejection letter (I have good plans B-E) but it's the not knowing if my application was RECEIVED in order for it to be considered for acceptance/rejection that has me freaked out.

I have already told myself I will not get an acceptance/rejection letter until at least May. After reading through some of the postings from last year, this timeframe isn't too far off. I can deal with not having the acceptance/rejection letter (I have good plans B-E) but it's the not knowing if my application was RECEIVED in order for it to be considered for acceptance/rejection that has me freaked out.

So, did you make an appearance on campus today?

Hey Fyrelight74, I was curious as to your leadership role as class president. What are your duties/role? Does it take a lot more time out of your schedule? Does this mean you attend meetings with CAPA or AAPA? BTW, no post card for me either. I am also an "S" which further leads me to believe its alphabetical and we are going to get ours later. :wink:

Hey Fyrelight74, I was curious as to your leadership role as class president. What are your duties/role? Does it take a lot more time out of your schedule? Does this mean you attend meetings with CAPA or AAPA? BTW, no post card for me either. I am also an "S" which further leads me to believe its alphabetical and we are going to get ours later. :wink:

Well, I attend faculty meetings as the class rep, asking any questions the class needs me to ask, and bring the answers back to the class. Those meetings often occur during class time. I can also appoint someone else (my VP etc) to attend instead of me. I'm also available if any problems arise with any class members -- they know they can come to me and I will either try to resolve or point them in the right direction to resolve problems if needed. The leadership is responsible for event organizing or delegating as well.... like, if we buy a gift for a staff member as a group, etc. Yes, we typically will go to CAPA and AAPA meetings, although we may elect an entirely separate representative for that function (our class hasn't decided yet). It's my understanding that whoever goes to the Toronto meeting next year will definitely miss class. We have a Pres, VP, Treasurer, Secretary and 2 historians. It can take some time, but you know that ahead of time.

Just got my postcard in the mail!

Gone is my anxiety about my penmanship in addressing the application packet, my ability to properly affix stamps, and the overall effectiveness of the Postal Service.

I've exhaled and relaxed for a full five minutes.

Now, to focus my nail-biting and facial-twitching on my real concern: whether I'll be accepted.

For those of you who have not yet received your postcards and are curious, I live in Palm Springs, within Riverside County. Stay tuned to those mailboxes!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived