acceptances?

Guest cmarie09

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't want you guys to think i provided bogus info because i don't think chatham ever sent the letters they promised me they were sending last week!!!!!!!! hopefully they will send them soon =( afterall, we were supposed to be notified before christmas-time!!

hopeful,,

Hey everyone! I am really disappointed that we haven't heard anything from Chatham too. They acted like wer were suppose to know a while ago, but nothing has come in the mail yet. I got accepted into 3 other programs, and I was trying to hold off to hear back form Chatham, but I decided to attend Hofstra University instead. I wish everyone the best of luck, and hang in there, you will hear back something soon (:

Guest braintrama

Hey everyone! I have been awaiting reply from Chatham anxiously since late December becuase they told me to expect notifications late Dec/early Jan. I called last week because I couldn't resist, and was re-assured that everyday they are reviewing apps and making acceptance offers. Well....today I got a call around 5:00 pm EST (I'm from Ohio), and I got in!!! They said I should recieve a letter in a few days. So expect a call before any mail.

I have no idea how far along they are in the process, but I was expecting to hear late in the process. I sent my application through CASPA 2 days before the deadline, and it wasn't delivered to Chatham until mid/late October (remember Oct. 1 was the CASPA deadline).

So, good luck to everyone!! If any of you are attending the graduate tours Jan 31, PM me and perhaps we can meet up!

Hey everyone. I got a call from Chatham last night too around 4pm EST and I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! Although, I am attending Hofstra in the fall, I am still excited to get accepted into Chatham. But I am a little sad, because Chatham was in my top 3, and I was trying to hold out a little longer, but my non-refundable deposit at Hofstra was due by Jan 15th. I am surprised that it did take them this long to get in touch, because I submited my CASPA app, back in June. Oh well, I am just extermely thankful that I have the opportunity to go to PA school. Since, I am not going accept the seat at Chatham, that opens up 1 more spot for someone else. Good luck everyone, and hang in there (:

Congrats everyone! I'm still anxiously waiting to hear anything at all... I am from Pittsburgh, so everytime I get a phone call from an unrecognized (412) area code, I get super excited/nervous thinking it may possibly be Chatham. This actually happened yesterday afternoon, but they did not leave a message so it was probably just another wrong number calling haha.. I can't wait for the suspense to be over (hopefully with a happy ending)! Good luck everyone that still hasn't heard anything, like myself! :)

Hey guys. No news for me yet, and I seriously promised I wouldn't do this (for ANY school!) but right now I'm really fighting the urge to call and ask for my status. I just don't want them to say "wow, another one that called to ask...we have so many other patient people..we can throw this one out now."

Advice?

I think that they will send out letters after everyone has accepted and sent in their deposits. From the previous posts I read, they are calling people. I think they should have narrowed the field down a bit more, 700 is too much for 70 slots and it does give false hope to alot of people. I feel the clock ticking and the longer I wait the more grimm it gets.

I think that they will send out letters after everyone has accepted and sent in their deposits. From the previous posts I read, they are calling people. I think they should have narrowed the field down a bit more, 700 is too much for 70 slots and it does give false hope to alot of people. I feel the clock ticking and the longer I wait the more grimm it gets.

I agree and this is a little different from the way they did it last year. Last year they picked the first round and then sent out letters. Personally, I am on the waitlist already for another school and if they send me something first I will have to accept there. The situation stinks because this was one of my top choices, but oh well.

Guest rhendri2

I don't know what was accepted this year but at the open house day there were a few current students there that had no healthcare experience.

Guest Jessi2504

Hi,

I was accepted and I have about 300 hrs of hospital volunteer work at the Emergency Dept. and in a Pre-Med Program.

I've also been a massage therapist for 4 years.

Hope this helps! :)

Archived