acceptances?

Guest cmarie09

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest braintrama
I just received an email that I was on the alternate list. Ah well - at least it's not an outright rejection. I just interviewed with AT Still in AZ, and have upcoming interviews with U-Toledo and MCPHS-Boston, so hopefully I'll get in at one of those places, knock wood. :)

Wow...you applied to pretty much all the schools I did. Just thought it was weird enough to comment :)

Guest braintrama

To clear something up, I had little HCE, <100 hours in a hospital, part of that being a pharmacy volunteer. However, I did have a lot of PA shadowing (about 40 hrs ortho and 8 or so neurosurgery), much research experience, and a high GPA.

Extrapalate what you like from that, but it seems to me that my GPA was the strongest factor in getting me in. Good luck to everyone on the wait list!

Guest Molly83

Got an email saying I am on the alternate list too!! I wonder how many people they put on this list? Has anyone been rejected? or have they only informed applicants that they are accepted or on the alternate list thus far??

Guest MichaelHaynes

I just got an email as well saying I am on the alternate list. I was wondering the same thing as to how many individuals are on the list.

I am also on the alternate list. I have a feeling there is going to be a decent amount of us on that list. What makes it even worse is that none of us know where we stand! gluck to everyone

I had very little health care experience.. in fact.. no paid experience.. so my GPA was definitely a factor as well as the level of difficulty in the courses I took.. However, i had about 30 hrs shadowing a PA and over 350 volunteer hours doing various things in the community (homeless shelter, animal shelter, etc.) not to mention i finished undergrad in 2.5 years.

i think every qualified candidate (everyone invited to the admissions day) is placed on the alternate list by rank.. and then they continue to take people off of the list until the class is full. they have gone through two rounds of the acceptances.. (i am at chatham now so i hear everything that goes on) the deposits for the second group of acceptances are due this thursday february 4th.. so after this date i'm sure more people will come off of the alternate list as other accepted people decline seats

Guest Jessi2504

Don't give up yet.. I heard of a girl who was accepted a weekend before the program started... Luckily she lives in Pittsburgh and didn't have to plan moving, etc! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived