Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi d.charles, I'm on a similar timeline to you. App rec'd 9/20, under review 10/13, no word about an interview yet. Does the "under review" status mean that we should expect an answer shortly, or just that it finally got to the adcom?

Lurg and david, did you receive the "under review" email as well?

Hi d.charles, I'm on a similar timeline to you. App rec'd 9/20, under review 10/13, no word about an interview yet. Does the "under review" status mean that we should expect an answer shortly, or just that it finally got to the adcom?

Lurg and david, did you receive the "under review" email as well?

i didn't even get that email. this is the email i got

Thank you for your interest in the University of New England. We have received your CASPA application for the Physician Assistant Program beginning summer 2012. Your application will begin going through the review process. Please look to hear from us regarding your application status.

Hi, I am a current 1st year student at UNE. They have a social with some of the current students (including myself) on Friday evening, the day before the interview. I would suggest going. It is casual, we aren't judging you or reporting anything, I promise. It really is just for potential students to get their questions answered. All the 1st year students went through the same thing last year and so I can't think of a better resource than us. Of all the interviews I went to, I thought that UNE was really fair and straight forward, which is part of why I ended up here. So if you are on the fence about going to the social, I would highly recommend it.

Hamiltjn (or anyone), if you have questions, just ask and I will answer what I can. We just started the cardiovascular module which is pretty intense, so needless to say I'm busy (as always). On the other hand, I found this forum to be quite helpful for me last year and so I am happy to pay it forward. I stayed at the La Quinta myself. I think it was around $60/night and the rooms were actually pretty decent for that price and then just rented a car. I also knew of people who met on this forum and shared the cost of a rental car and hotel room with two queens. It's a gamble, I know, but saves you money if you are interviewing many places.

This will be my 1st time here in November. I wouldn't recommend walking to campus from near the hospital because it would take quite awhile (probably almost an hour walk), and if you added possible snow to the equation, it's a real gamble. There is a bus and here is the website: http://www.gpmetrobus.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=206. The only thing is that they don't start until 8:15 on Saturdays, which would put you late to the interview day. I would see if anyone would want to split a rental car or cab fair which would be cheaper. There are probably going to be other interviewees staying near you, so that's an option. Also, some hotels offer a shuttle service, so that's worth calling and asking about.

I'm starting to get really nervous...I haven't heard anything, rejection or interview. I got the two emails from UNE about the 'under review' a few weeks ago. and my application was sent 8-30-11. I would have thought that I would have heard something by now...have rejections gone out yet too?

I interviewed on October 22. It was very laid back and relaxed. My interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. My only complaint would be tha because of that, I left having no idea how I did! :-) That's hardly a complaint though. It was an enjoyable day. The students were very candid and helpful and the faculty were very friendly and down to earth. You eat breakfast, take a tour, do a small writing sample and interview with one of the faculty.

Archived