CASPA losing my transcripts

I submitted my transcripts to CASPA. My application is complete, except they claim that I still need to send a transcript from one of my three colleges. The only problem is that they have been sent the transcript three times, but still claim that they have no received it. The last time, I gave a prepaid overnight envelope to the college, and they mailed it in that. It had a tracking number, and I was emailed a copy of the recipient's signature by the post office. They (CASPA) still have no record of the transcript and claim that they have not received it.

The problem here is that one of the schools to which I have applied requires that they receive the application in the mail from CASPA no later than August 29. All applications received by the school after that date will not be considered. CASPA claims that it takes 3-5 weeks for an application after receipt of all materials, so I am getting close to missing the deadline through no fault of my own. I am not impressed with the level of service that CASPA is delivering. Too bad they are the only game in town.

I'm in a similar boat. Sent them out almost 2 weeks ago and CASPA still hasn't updated my application.

First phone call the girl said it would take 7-10 business days to update application and submit.

Second phone call this morning said it only takes 5-7 business days but couldn't do anything unless I gave him the tracking number so they could confirm actual receipt on their part (so apparently we're all liars). Didn't have it handy so I'm on hold right now (as I type this) to see what today's excuse is.

This whole process is annoying and frankly I'm about 20 minutes from saying f*** it and accept my entrance into medical school.

Rich

Yes, I sent it with the form as per the instructions. I finally got them to post the transcript, but now it appears as if the delay will cause me to miss the deadline for one of the schools that I am applying to. They are saying that it will take 4-6 more weeks for processing, and that will mean that the school will not receive the materials before the deadline of August 29th.

If the deadline is missed, I honestly feel as though I deserve a refund for the extra $43 that I was charged for CASPA to send the application to that program. After all, I did all that I was supposed to do. It was CASPA's error that caused the missed deadline, not mine.

If I were you I would do just that. You shouldn't be penalized for CASPA's error. I would call and talk to a manager and tell him/her your situation. Hopefully you get it resolved asap. Also see if you can call that particular school and tell them what happened. Maybe they can give you an extension? Good luck.

You would think that, but all of my transcripts were sent at the same time. One took 4 days from the date it was mailed, one took 7, and the last one took nearly 3 weeks, some phone calls, and several attempts. I am beginning to wonder if CASPA is being run out of someone's house in their spare time.

It used to be - but people got mad that their transcript showed up with the date it was finished being processed and not the day it got scanned in because they missed deadlines. Now CASPA puts the date in as the date it is first scanned in - but it usually takes a few days to show up because it takes a few days to be processed, so it looks like the date shows up late but it helps applicants in the long run by things being dated more accurately. Personally I think that makes it more confusing, but I get how it can be helpful around the Sept 1 Oct 1 deadlines.

The same thing happened to me, Ernie. I saw your post and became pretty anxious, frantically calling both CASPA and the actual school. Thank God for the 2nd call! My school was able to go into their records and see that CASPA had actually received my transcripts and was already verifying them, when their 'live' update didn't show up on the website. I feel better. Call the school, not CASPA. I'm sure CASPA is really bombarded right now with all the approaching deadlines and the PA Program Administrator at the school is there to help NOW.

• 3 weeks later...

CASPA hasn't received one of my transcripts apparently. If I go ahead and e-submit it, will the transcript make its way to the rest of my application, or must I wait till it shows up as "accepted" before I submit my application? I feel like I'm running out of time, so I really want to submit it, but I don't want it to be an invalid application if it lacks a transcript. Silly thing is, it's just my study abroad transcript too. Anybody know how it goes?

Archived