"You're an Assistant."

Thanks for the Clarification LESH...

Basically... tempermental, conceited, egotistical, self-centered, uncorrectable folks, who can't accept corrective and/or non-constructive criticism or direction/instruction from the proven, established and entrenched team members in that Org... regardless of their titles or roles... "need not apply" because it will just be a disruptive hardship for all parties involved...

So it sounds like... these folks have been doing this long enough to have run into quite a few new grads (MDs/DOs/NP/PAs) who thought they were the "ish" and their feces didn't stink... and/or was initially "oversold" by overconfident/cavalier but under-performing PAs and aren't particularly impressed by the too oft seen new grad 'As a PA, I'm almost a doctor, so treat me as something special' stance and determined that establishing and defining in the very beginning, just what and where the new providers stand ... helps alleviate some of the issues and role/importance confusion.

Good thing I didn't apply for this gig... :;;D:

Again... thanks for the clarification

Contrarian

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Clarification LESH...

Basically... tempermental, conceited, egotistical, self-centered, uncorrectable folks, who can't accept corrective and/or non-constructive criticism or direction/instruction from the proven, established and entrenched team members in that Org... regardless of their titles or roles... "need not apply" because it will just be a disruptive hardship for all parties involved...

So it sounds like... these folks have been doing this long enough to have run into quite a few new grads (MDs/DOs/NP/PAs) who thought they were the "ish" and their feces didn't stink... and/or was initially "oversold" by overconfident/cavalier but under-performing PAs and aren't particularly impressed by the too oft seen new grad 'As a PA, I'm almost a doctor, so treat me as something special' stance and determined that establishing and defining in the very beginning, just what and where the new providers stand ... helps alleviate some of the issues and role/importance confusion.

Good thing I didn't apply for this gig... :;;D:

Again... thanks for the clarification

Contrarian

"But seriously folks ... it was like sitting across from CAdams, with a wall-size American flag on the wall (I mean the biggest USA flag I've ever seen), and a framed picture of Sarah Palin next to it. Granted, there was a picture with the Democratic governor next to it, but they are definitely Republicans lol"

WTF???? I do not even have pictures of my bride of 37 years, our sons or the most beautiful grand daughters there could ever be, in my work place; let alone the flag of this great nation or a picture of a politician of any ilk in my workspace!!! It's a cheap shot to make this statement especially, since I do believe that I expressed nothing but support for your efforts to get out of that den of inequity that you were working in. It seems you are willing to dip your snout into the trough and take the cash from people you seem to hold in disdain! So please don't trash me for my beliefs to justify your selling out. BTW I've walked away from better paying jobs than the one you described, b/c of my own sense of worth and self dignity, I can't be bought.

"But seriously folks ... it was like sitting across from CAdams, with a wall-size American flag on the wall (I mean the biggest USA flag I've ever seen), and a framed picture of Sarah Palin next to it. Granted, there was a picture with the Democratic governor next to it, but they are definitely Republicans lol"

WTF???? I do not even have pictures of my bride of 37 years, our sons or the most beautiful grand daughters there could ever be, in my work place; let alone the flag of this great nation or a picture of a politician of any ilk in my workspace!!! It's a cheap shot to make this statement especially, since I do believe that I expressed nothing but support for your efforts to get out of that den of inequity that you were working in. It seems you are willing to dip your snout into the trough and take the cash from people you seem to hold in disdain! So please don't trash me for my beliefs to justify your selling out. BTW I've walked away from better paying jobs than the one you described, b/c of my own sense of worth and self dignity, I can't be bought.

It's a cheap shot to make this statement especially, since I do believe that I expressed nothing but support for your efforts to get out of that den of inequity that you were working in. It seems you are willing to dip your snout into the trough and take the cash from people you seem to hold in disdain! So please don't trash me for my beliefs to justify your selling out. BTW I've walked away from better paying jobs than the one you described, b/c of my own sense of worth and self dignity, I can't be bought.

Who holds anyone in disdain? I was simply commenting on the crankiness of the curmudgeon who I sat across from. ;) I think their patriotism is quite noble, to tell you the truth, and I find their sincerity even more admirable. And while I'm not a fan of all of Ms. Palin's intellectual processes, I still think she's rather hot.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were losing pride in your political party! Why not come over to the dark side? ... come over ... everyone else is doing it ...

Honestly, I have to think of my 80 year old parents who eat crumbs every month because of the debt they've accrued on my account ... that's what comes first in my life right now. I have some other interviews coming up ... we'll see what happens! But thanks everybody for your advices ... well heeded.

It's a cheap shot to make this statement especially, since I do believe that I expressed nothing but support for your efforts to get out of that den of inequity that you were working in. It seems you are willing to dip your snout into the trough and take the cash from people you seem to hold in disdain! So please don't trash me for my beliefs to justify your selling out. BTW I've walked away from better paying jobs than the one you described, b/c of my own sense of worth and self dignity, I can't be bought.

Who holds anyone in disdain? I was simply commenting on the crankiness of the curmudgeon who I sat across from. ;) I think their patriotism is quite noble, to tell you the truth, and I find their sincerity even more admirable. And while I'm not a fan of all of Ms. Palin's intellectual processes, I still think she's rather hot.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were losing pride in your political party! Why not come over to the dark side? ... come over ... everyone else is doing it ...

Honestly, I have to think of my 80 year old parents who eat crumbs every month because of the debt they've accrued on my account ... that's what comes first in my life right now. I have some other interviews coming up ... we'll see what happens! But thanks everybody for your advices ... well heeded.

Archived