Well here we are seniors. Its almost over. Didn't come quick enough huh? Or maybe for some it came quicker that you thought...lol. There were several heartfelt moments last week as you returned to campus. Again really impressive potluck in your honor, that was so cool IMHO, good to see the classes "bonding".

I meant what I said in my little impromptu speech. I hope that you understand how we feel about your class. Your faculty and staff are very proud of your accomplishments. You did what you said you would do, you did what we asked you to do, and you did things we didn't expect you to do but were entertaining none the less.

Yes we want to see you go as much as you want to be gone..lol. Yes we will miss you for a hot minute or two. Then if you are the lean mean diagnostic machines I think you all are... we will smile. I mean really think about this wild ride you just took. The good the bad and the ugly.

Everytime you see that problem Jed warned you about, or impressed the SP with an H&P because Jackie taught you how to "get up in there", caught a hairline Fx because Alfonso bombarded you with xrays, or amaze folks with your knowledge of Patho because Dr. M didn't have to ask you to close the door from the other side... we hope you smile a little. Everything that your preceptors shared with you, embarrassed you or praised you for because "you got it" should also bring a smile. The reality of what you are about to accomplish after having every thing and the kitchen sink thrown at you should bring on a big old toothy grin.

Remember what I said about who you are, where you came from, and that we will be there if you need us. Yes even Alan. You are the mother of all PA test away from accomplishing your dream. Don't screw up. Nothing but love and in a supportive and nurturing way.

A future colleague

LesH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds nice, 3 day weekend, however I am done traveling! If you come across anything in bako let me know!

Hey Seniors (soon to be Graduates) anybody want a gig with Indian Health? It would be covering four clinics in Fresno, Madera and Kings counties. The job listing came accross my desk today. 4days/week. IHS & NHSC Loan repayment.

Sounds nice, 3 day weekend, however I am done traveling! If you come across anything in bako let me know!

Hey Seniors (soon to be Graduates) anybody want a gig with Indian Health? It would be covering four clinics in Fresno, Madera and Kings counties. The job listing came accross my desk today. 4days/week. IHS & NHSC Loan repayment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well slprncess, I came accross this post on the day you told me about your getting your first PA job. I thought back on your journey to that job. You have come a long way young jedi. We are proud of you. Everybody wants to take credit for your admission...lol.

I hear the Lions team is getting replaced with the Lingerie Bowl team...I'm sure they could win more games..haha....Go CHARGERS!!! Next year!

Stef good job winning idol for the second time and your "Dorthy shoes" lol. Congrats on your gig. Impressive! I will always talk smack about your choice, but also recognize it's so you. lol

• 2 months later...

Hello c/o 2011. How are you all doing? We have been running your stats and I wanted to thank you all. Here's the deal so far: 95% are Certified (only one left to take the exam), 80% have taken jobs (that we know about), 70% are working in a Primary Care specialty. We are still looking at the %s in medically underserved areas, so far its around 60%, but there are folks that need to sign that first job contract so like everything else these stats will change. I just got excited and wanted to share. Thanks folks. Keep up the good work and submit your paperwork for NHSC or State LRP ASAP!

Thank you

LesH

Archived