Interview phone call!

I got my call this morning, Ill be in the first batch of interviews in August! Let the butterflies commence....:heheh:

If you don't mind sharing, can you tell me when your application was submitted by CASPA to UF. Also, can you share if the interviews are during the week or on the weekends?

Just curious since I'm also applying to UF.

Thanks!

UF traditionally does its interviews on Mondays and Tuesdays/Wednesdays. The first day of the interview is considered "orientation". On Monday afternoon/evening, all of the interviewees (about 15) for that session will have an overview of the program, do a group activity, go on a tour, go out to dinner with current students (at your own cost). Then on Tuesday (if you are from out of town) or Wednesday (if you are in Gainesville) you will have your individual interviews. This is at least the tradition unless something has changed.

woodsters description is pretty much how it was relayed to me on the phone. First round of interviews are taking place 8/29-30, which is about the same time they do them every year now. I "verified" my CASPA application the first week of May, but the process now has changed as they don't seem to use the "rolling" admission process anymore. UF does not receive the mailed copy from CASPA till mid/late June, regardless of how early you had it submitted and verified. They have access to them online as soon as you get it verified, but the hardcopies all go out in bulk (at least the initial batch). Good luck to you!

Good luck on the interview! I interviewed in August, then had to wait until the end of Dec. to find out that I was on the alternate list, a long waiting game! Then you can wait up until the first day of class to find out if you've been taken off the alternate list, another long waiting game! My first choice was UF... I didn't get in there but I did get into PA school so for that I'm thrilled! I'm remembering getting that call about a year ago as well... if I were to be doing it again I would've chosen a later interview date to make the waiting shorter :) I was very impressed by the interview process and the school all together. They were very organized and gave us a great representation for what it would be like to be a student there! Again, best of luck!

Grats!! I am already "studying" for my interview :) And writing daily, because I found out during an essay test last year that since I do very little lengthy writing by hand that my hand tires quickly and my handwriting degrades fast.....:) I already write like a doctor anyway, I can't afford any further degradation.

Grats!! I am already "studying" for my interview :) And writing daily, because I found out during an essay test last year that since I do very little lengthy writing by hand that my hand tires quickly and my handwriting degrades fast.....:) I already write like a doctor anyway, I can't afford any further degradation.

Congratulations to all of you on getting interviews! Any out-of-staters applying? I'm from TX and haven't heard back as of yet, but I took the GRE July 15 (did amazing on it!) and they haven't been officially mailed out so all of my schools are waiting on it. Best of luck in the interviews, everyone!

Archived