MDC 2011 Applicants-Please post any news post-interview.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm logging off for today and will see you guys back online tomorrow. I have to say thank you to all who haveposted. This Forum has helped me so much throughout the application process, speciallythe last couple of days while waiting for the much anticipated call.

Hello everyone. I have been a member here for a couple month's now but have been holding my breath until I received a definitive answer. I received a call from Jackie today confirming my acceptance to the program. Would have to say that was one of the best phone calls I have ever received. Congratulations to those who have already been accepted, I look forward to meeting all of you. Good luck to everyone!

I know this is totally out of subject, and that most of you are 100% focused on the call. But does anyone have an idea of what the schedule for the course is? I want this so bad, but I also have work to sustain myself, I have no support from anyone whatsoever since my family lives overseas in a country where they're also struggling. I'm applying next year, but I would like to have an idea, even if vague, about the schedule (hours a week) for the program, that way I know a little bit of what I can expect in terms of my employment.

Thank your for your help.

Hello Gaby,

I’m not in the program yet, but from what I have heard the program is very demanding of your time. Class schedules may vary and they pretty much want to know that they can count on you from 8:00AM to 8:00 PM Mon-Fri. You might have several hours off in between classes or might not. I also have heard that they ask you to not work during the program because of how demanding it is. I don’t want to sound negative, but you should be prepared for what is expected from you once you apply.

Having said that, if this is really what you want to do then I’m sure you can figure out a way to do this. The good thing is that you still have a year to plan. Have you looked into scholarships? In any case, you have a lot to think about before you decide. Best of luck!

I got the call at 1358 hrs. today, I am accepted. I would like to thank God, EMEDPA, PA09, Christian, (fellow combat medic), and all of my forum friends who have taken their time to encourage, mentor, and advise.

To all my friends, I'll see you soon. To the rest, keep the faith and never quit!

Matthew, EMT-Paramedic/Combat Medic

Archived