Off-specialty CME

• Administrator

As an FM/UC/Occ Med PA, one of the things I love is how much CME is relevant to my practice.  Unfortunately, I've found that most of the conferences are just covering the same old ground again.  I've been really impressed with the online EM CME I've gotten relatively cheap through SEMPA, and the wilderness/travel medicine I get through WMS.  Both tend to be really good values for the hours.

Is there a master list of cheap, accessible, online CME anywhere?  Spending $125 for 25 hours of cat 1 EM CME with Virtual SEMPA is a great use of CME dollars for me, but it strikes me that there are probably a ton of other CME in other specialties--Derm, ortho, women's health, whatever--that are equally reasonable bargains for good content... but I have no idea how to find them!

What are your recommendations for good online specialty CME?

• Administrator

Rev, have you tried looking on the sites of the various PA and physician organizations each specialty?

Nope, and I'm not interested in doing that.  Everyone (well, most every specialty society) sells CME, but I want to know what's actually a GOOD VALUE, as evaluated by someone without a financial interest into the product.  Browsing websites can't tell me a thing about value, compared with the honest recommendations of fellow PAs.

Archived