Struggling with making the PS my own

Hello! I graduated from undergrad several months ago, and after deciding not to spend the next 5 years in a biomechanics lab I decided PA was for me. However, now that time has come to finish that CASPA application, I am really struggling with the concept of the personal narrative. I do not even know what PA schools are really looking for, especially when speaking of my strengths versus my goals as a PA. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would be very grateful. Hope everyone has been enjoying their spring!

-Katie

Just tell them why you want to be a PA, what lead you to it, what do you want to do as a PA etc.

Here are the points you need to have covered :)

Who (you)

What (wanting to become a PA)

When (NOW!!! (I'm guessing here... ie what has prepared you & why is now a great time to let you in?)

Where (this isn't as important for the PS)

Why (Why you? What makes you special?)

I posted on here before taking the time to explore the forum more, so after several hours of looking at other prospective students' statements I have a much better idea of what they are looking for. Thanks to all of those who replied with words of encouragement, I am definitely NOT looking for someone to write MY narrative. As for the direction of my PS, I decided to talk about my experience with the particular PA I job shadowed (who was the same PA who helped with my ankle surgery 7 years ago) and the characteristics I appreciated about him and what characteristics I have that would make a good PA... something along those lines.

I posted on here before taking the time to explore the forum more, so after several hours of looking at other prospective students' statements I have a much better idea of what they are looking for. Thanks to all of those who replied with words of encouragement, I am definitely NOT looking for someone to write MY narrative. As for the direction of my PS, I decided to talk about my experience with the particular PA I job shadowed (who was the same PA who helped with my ankle surgery 7 years ago) and the characteristics I appreciated about him and what characteristics I have that would make a good PA... something along those lines.

Sounds like a great PS! Good luck to you!!

Archived