ED Bootcamp

Guest ERCat

I was JUST hired by an ER and they told me that I should do that. I am thinking about doing it. If you register by August 12 you get it for around 600.00.

I just looked at it and you don't get any procedure experience, though. It seems to be mostly lectures?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was also just hired by an ED who told me that I should attend this conference. Since the regular ED bootcamp was in September, I was looking in to attending the advanced EM boot camp course this coming December. I am a new grad and was wondering from those who have attended these in the past, what is the major difference between the regular and advanced course? Should I wait and attend the regular conference before attending the advanced course? Ideally I would like to get a bunch of practice with procedures. Thanks

Bm cell - I've done both and recommend doing the regular one first. You don't have to attend the actual conference, there is a self study version - they send you dvds of a previously recorded conference and you get CME credit by doing a quiz after each lecture and mailing the quiz results in. I've done both self study and attended the actual conference. I actually learned more doing self study bc i could pause and rewind stuff I didnt understand or hear the 1st time around.

• 10 months later...

I signed up for this and the way I understand this, there is a quiz (1 quiz) that is comprehensive over the entire course at the end. There is little course overview, just a spot where you do a course completion  evaluation and you take the quiz.

How many questions are there?

Is it timed?

Can you complete a portion, go back and start whee you left off?

If you don't get the 80% expected, can you retake it?

Anyone have experience with this?

I really enjoyed the ED bootcamp conference and highly recommend it. I want to say one of the instructors said that the advanced was really for those who had already done the first one and had more experience? Idk. I thought the first one was excellent and I'm sure they cover different topics at each kne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I signed up for this and the way I understand this, there is a quiz (1 quiz) that is comprehensive over the entire course at the end. There is little course overview, just a spot where you do a course completion  evaluation and you take the quiz.

How many questions are there?

Is it timed?

Can you complete a portion, go back and start whee you left off?

If you don't get the 80% expected, can you retake it?

Anyone have experience with this?

I did the one in Vegas and the home study version, there was no quiz for the live course. for the home study version, it was about 50 questions and it is not timed. it is a paper test that you mail in.

Archived