Anyone here do Local Tenums?

Locums agencies/recruiters get paid by the hospital for getting you to sign up (sometimes tens of thousands of $$$), or they may be an agency that takes a chunk of your pay (They get $100 an hour, and forward you $75 an hour).  

Better yet, especially for very rural hospitals, reach out directly to the hospital CEO or Medical Staff Director and see if they need any locums coverage.  But DON'T undercut yourself, as a locums provider you are responsible for travel, malpractice, CME, retirement, medical/dental/vision insurance, etc....this is worth FAR more per hour than what most people make in "regular" jobs.

Seems like that's more of a part time job versus locum, but its all semantics at that point. I am starting one like that in a few months at a double coverage end with about 30k visits a year. They provide malpractice and its a W-2 job.

all of the per diem and part time jobs I know of in CA/OR/WA are w-2 .

your new job sounds like one of my rural jobs. double coverage/alternate charts/full scope.

Not sure about the "full scope" part.  I think it's alternating charts, but from my short time there during the interview it seems like the culture is still to give the sicker patients to the Doc.  The PA I was talking with said she hadn't run a code there in 10 years because the Doc always takes them.  

I look forward to trying to change that culture a bit.  I'll take my share of the sick patients and consult appropriately.  

Not sure about the "full scope" part.  I think it's alternating charts, but from my short time there during the interview it seems like the culture is still to give the sicker patients to the Doc.  The PA I was talking with said she hadn't run a code there in 10 years because the Doc always takes them.  

I look forward to trying to change that culture a bit.  I'll take my share of the sick patients and consult appropriately.  

that's how my rural double coverage job started out, but after seeing me LP pts,intubate,  run trauma/stemis/cvas, etc when it's busy they let me pick up anything. we had a husband/wife code there at the same time. doc ran 1, I ran one. both lived.

Archived