2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who have been accepted, I heard that there's a medical terminology exam before the program start date? Anyone know anything about it (i.e. when it will be and is it something we need to study for in advance ?)

Also, current students....are loan refunds typically disbursed before the start of the semester? I'm trying to figure out how early I can move to Oakland and how much money I will need to save to cover living expenses until I have access to loan funds. 

Thanks!

For those who have been accepted, I heard that there's a medical terminology exam before the program start date? Anyone know anything about it (i.e. when it will be and is it something we need to study for in advance ?)

Also, current students....are loan refunds typically disbursed before the start of the semester? I'm trying to figure out how early I can move to Oakland and how much money I will need to save to cover living expenses until I have access to loan funds.

Thanks!

Hey all! First year here. Congrats to those who have gotten in and to those on the wait list, hang in there! There's still time for things to shift before school starts. We had 13 people from the wait list join our class including one from another state the day before orientation.

There is a medical terminology exam usually the first week of school just to make sure everyone can speak the medical jargon. For those of you who have had a med term class before you already have a head start. For those of you who haven't I suggest doing an online one at some point over the summer (there are quite a few free ones offered if you Google it). But it is NOTHING TO STRESS OVER. Please enjoy your summer because once you're here, you're all in.

As far as financial aid. It gets dispersed the first day of every semester, so you'll get your refund check within the first 1-2 weeks. They just switched over to direct deposit (thankfully) so it's probably on the quicker side now.

We're all looking forward to meeting you guys in the Fall!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sorry if there's any confusion on the above post! 13 people TOTAL were accepted from our wait list not 13 people the day before orientation. I was just trying to give you all hope that there tends to be movement (very small) even up to the date of orientation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived