2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept blocking this "no caller id" phone call for the past two days! I finally decided to trust this private caller and to my surprise was Dr. Magaña offering me a seat for this year's cohort! I am very excited to begin the program and get to know my future peers!

-Christian

I have a question regarding the curriculum. I am currently retaking ochem and molec bio to improve my gpa for the upcoming application cycle in case I wasn't accepted into PA school this year. However, I just found out about my acceptance to SMU and am debating whether I should drop these courses. Any current students out there like to provide some advice on the didactic year curriculum? Will it be beneficial to finish these courses (i.e. will any ochem and molec bio knowledge be of any direct use in the didactic yr or will i just be wasting my time?)

I have a question regarding the curriculum. I am currently retaking ochem and molec bio to improve my gpa for the upcoming application cycle in case I wasn't accepted into PA school this year. However, I just found out about my acceptance to SMU and am debating whether I should drop these courses. Any current students out there like to provide some advice on the didactic year curriculum? Will it be beneficial to finish these courses (i.e. will any ochem and molec bio knowledge be of any direct use in the didactic yr or will i just be wasting my time?)

Off topic, but what were your stats? I'm trying to figure out how to improve my app!

seamonkeez3,

I just got accepted also, and I was taking a couple chemistry classes to raise my gpa for next semester, but as soon as I got into my first program immediately dropped them lol. I did keep my microbiology class, since that's one of our first classes and I don't really remember too much from it since I took it like 5 years ago. If you are worried about the information that you are learning, I would just keep the classes, especially if you already started and already paid for it! Just my opinion :)

I'm doing the same with 2 science classes just for a refresher and foundation. If for some odd reason I don't do so well in these classes, this shouldn't affect my acceptance correct? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't because it is after the fact but I just want some opinions. Thanks

UCMC2PA:

I don't thnk it would affect anything! You aren't sending them those transcripts right? I think if you have to send them transcripts for your in progress courses, those would show up and then that might be an issue, although I don't see why it would. If you can avoid sending them that would probably be best....I'm not sending the ones I'm doing now because they aren't in progress or required for admission.

UCMC2PA:

I don't thnk it would affect anything! You aren't sending them those transcripts right? I think if you have to send them transcripts for your in progress courses, those would show up and then that might be an issue, although I don't see why it would. If you can avoid sending them that would probably be best....I'm not sending the ones I'm doing now because they aren't in progress or required for admission.

Good point. I wanted to take these classes since it's been a long time and I was thinking if I took the class for no credit I wouldn't try as hard or show up to lab if I wasn't up to it. Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know when those who did not receive an interview for the last interview date will receive a rejection email?

I'm surprised they didn't send it yet since the interview cycle appear to be over. I have been wondering if they just didn't make it to my application packet during the review process. Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks!

I'm wondering this too!

Does anyone know when those who did not receive an interview for the last interview date will receive a rejection email?

I'm surprised they didn't send it yet since the interview cycle appear to be over. I have been wondering if they just didn't make it to my application packet during the review process. Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat and I've wondered the same thing. I'd be surprised frankly if I didn't even get offered an interview.

Archived