NORTH CAROLINA: UNC

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else gonna be in town tomorrow night for Thursday interviews?  I should be in around 6 pm if anyone wants to meetup

Won't be in town until Thursday evening. Good luck tomorrow!  

If anyone is interviewing for Friday, and would like to meet up before just let me know. Hope the interview process has been great for everyone who has interviewed so far!

One difference was the business casual dress code for class days, which I guess I could've seen coming from an old school med school kinda environment around there.  I think on class days when you are 99.9 % sitting in that classroom it'll be important to be comfortable, but not really pajamas comfortable lol.  A plus side was the fact you could complete most of your rotations right there, alleviating some stress during the second year of moving around and finding other places to live and such.  The campus was one of the nicest I've seen and the staff were very personable, friendly and seemed very invested in both the program and picking the "right" candidates to come.  That's not something that I feel like I've found everywhere.  Overall it was a good experience and my only fear was that the little details of how to smoothly run a program for the students haven't been ironed out yet.  Either way the first few classes will have to help make it streamlined though and the infrastructure is definitely there to achieve it.

One difference was the business casual dress code for class days, which I guess I could've seen coming from an old school med school kinda environment around there. I think on class days when you are 99.9 % sitting in that classroom it'll be important to be comfortable, but not really pajamas comfortable lol. A plus side was the fact you could complete most of your rotations right there, alleviating some stress during the second year of moving around and finding other places to live and such. The campus was one of the nicest I've seen and the staff were very personable, friendly and seemed very invested in both the program and picking the "right" candidates to come. That's not something that I feel like I've found everywhere. Overall it was a good experience and my only fear was that the little details of how to smoothly run a program for the students haven't been ironed out yet. Either way the first few classes will have to help make it streamlined though and the infrastructure is definitely there to achieve it.

She said the business casual dress code was due to the collaboration of departments involved in our education; you never know who we will run into or meet and they want us to always look presentable for those situations. Days where we end up going into the hospital or having a guest lecturer that is a potential employer...she said the dress code is more for us than them and that she thought there would be days when jeans are fine, but never any open toed shoes, spaghetti straps, running shorts, etc...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Oh ok, I guess I got the wrong idea from it then.  I figured they would say "we'll tell you when you need to come dressed appropriately" as this is what the majority of programs will do.  Regardless I think jeans and a decent shirt should probably be the bare minimum even to class, nothing wrong with that in this day and age IMO.

Again its the first year, so I'm sure it'll all get figured out into a happy medium.

I am also interested to know if you interviewed xflui- Or was it just a rejection since the interveiws had all already been done.

Did they mention anything about a waitlist at the interveiw sessions?

I asked them about that and they said they hope to notify the invites on or soon after the 30th and then will have some sort of wait list system for those who don't make the top 20. They said they will ask for deposits to be put in quickly so they can invite other people who don't make the first round.

I am also interested to know if you interviewed xflui- Or was it just a rejection since the interveiws had all already been done.

Did they mention anything about a waitlist at the interveiw sessions?

Yep it was a straight up rejection email. I didn't get an interview invite. 

Archived