NORTH CAROLINA: UNC

Thought I would start this forum to hear some feedback from other applicants.

I submitted my supplement the day I received it on 6/3, and received a confirmation email that evening. Today, I received another email with instructions on how to do the supplement. I contacted the school to inform them, and they said to disregard today's email... Did this happen to anyone else!? It makes me veryyy anxious.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied May 25 and expect to be verified some time next week. I received the supplemental email request from them about a week after I applied. There is not much to the application other than some basic demographic info and paying $85.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

According to the website under the FAQ: Applicants selected for an interview are required to be in Chapel Hill for one day during the week of October 19-23.

I was told applicants would be notified in early October and would only have a short time to make arrangements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never received a supplemental application email as others have stated above.  I did fill out supplemental CASPA info??  Should I contact the school?  I already have once to make sure they had received all necessary documentation and they said they looked forward to reviewing my application. Just hoping I haven't missed an email. Good luck to everyone! 

Just received an e-mail outlining their accreditation status. They must be gearing up to extend invites.

The e-mail states:

"Accreditation

The ARC-PA has been granted Accreditation-Provisional status to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Physician Assistant Program sponsored by University of North Carolina School of Medicine.

Accreditation - Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation-Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students.

Accreditation - Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. Accreditation - Provisional is limited to no more than five years from matriculation of the first class.

Accreditation-provisional remains in effect until the program achieves accreditation-continued after its third review, closes or withdraws from the accreditation process, or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards."

Good luck everyone!

Archived