Little tip for Evaluation requests

For your LORs: The little note that you send to your evaluator when you enter their information into CASPA is a part of your package the school sees. This didn't bite me, but it may for some. Please remember to keep it professional, as the adcoms will see it.

Just my $0.02.

This is an excellent tip! You should keep everything on your application and all communication with programs, CASPA staff, and others professional throughout the process. This world is very small and word travels fast when something opposite of that occurs. While I am not aware of this particular section hurting anyone's application, it can if the wrong things are written here. In addition, not ALL of the application pieces or sections or viewable by the PA programs. Specifically (and importantly) the section that asks where you interest is in terms of practice speciality - the programs do NOT see this, it is used for PAEA purposes to develop marketing and recruitment plans. 

I submitted my application today and I noticed this too. I was professional in all my notes to the people that were writing references for me but I'm a little concerned because in one of the messages I reminded the evaluator that the reference is for physician assistant and not nurse practitioner. I said that because he was confused between the two but I hope the schools don't take that message the wrong way (if they even look at it). What do you guys think? (Maybe I'm just anxious and overthinking things).

- Ben

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with CASPA today and they said this is a "technical error" and schools are not supposed to see the personal messages. Their IT people are "working on it" but they were unable to give an estimated time when the error will be fixed. She said it could be a week or a month before the problem is solved. If more people call in it might get them to move a little more quickly! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived