Has anyone of you used Salesforce in your practice? I have used it in the past in another profession (law). We used it as a (CRM) Customer Relationship Management; managing the company's interactions with current and future customers. But I was wondering how does one protect healthcare information in a cloud? How is Salesforce implemented? I just read that Salesforce is HIPAA compliant. I also realize that Salesforce security measures are robust, but it would seem ultimately the organization’s responsibility to protect themselves. Have any one of you taken HIPAA covered data to the cloud? If so, what have you learned? If not, what’s holding you back?

Guest Paula

The cloud is really a fancy way to say that there is a facility out in Arizona or someplace that is full of computers that is storing all this data.  It's really not  floating "out there" but that is sure what it sounds like. 

If any of us really think all this data is private and protected I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

What do you do when one of your MAs is videotaped giving an injection and then the whole scene is posted on Facebook?  Yup, nothing is private anymore. 

i bet there is some smart cookie out there who could hack into all this health information that we think is protected.  

Ever heard of Ed Snowden?  I believe he was a "mid-level" data guy. 

Archived