2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to everyone who got an interview!!

Aww. mine still says complete eventhough my status says completed since 7/8. So that means they haven't even reviewed it yet? I'm assuming I won't get a spot for 9/9 especially if they invite a month early. My utsw interview is after that date and they sent it a week ago. does anyone know how often they do interviews?

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck to everyone who got an interview!!

Aww. mine still says complete eventhough my status says completed since 7/8. So that means they haven't even reviewed it yet? I'm assuming I won't get a spot for 9/9 especially if they invite a month early. My utsw interview is after that date and they sent it a week ago. does anyone know how often they do interviews?

At their open house they said interviews are held from Sept-Feb and offers are given from Oct-March. They did not say how frequently they will hold interviews this year.

• 2 weeks later...

dphan, here is my latest update from UNTHSC:

"We will be making invitations to interview through March 2012. If we are able to offer you an interview we will contact you by phone. If we are not able to offer you an interview you will be notified by mail when the cycle is complete. Best, Physician Assistant Studies Admissions"

Hope this helps! Good luck to you all!

@farah.mahomed - Hi. They called me on September 7th, a few days ago.

-TMB123-

Congrats!

So your caspa was submitted last month and you just got a call last week for the 9/30 interview? I wonder why they aren't inviting at least a month ahead. It seems like the people who got the 9/9 interview got a call more than a month prior. Does your unt status still say completed or something different after you got the interview? Thanks.

Feels like they're not doing rolling admissions...

Congrats!

So your caspa was submitted last month and you just got a call last week for the 9/30 interview? I wonder why they aren't inviting at least a month ahead. It seems like the people who got the 9/9 interview got a call more than a month prior. Does your unt status still say completed or something different after you got the interview? Thanks.

Feels like they're not doing rolling admissions...

@dphan- Hi. My status says, "You have been selected to interview."

According to the post by swimrgal02, "At their open house they said interviews are held from Sept-Feb and offers are given from Oct-March," so I think they are doing rolling admissions. I hope so, 'cause that would make planning so much easier (i.e. know early on that you are accepted there so that you can cancel/turn down other interviews and save plane ticket/gas/hotel money if UNT is your 1st choice!).

I see that you have been accepted to UTMB. Congratulations -- at least you know you're in for sure to start Summer/Fall 2012! :)

-TMB123-

did you guys get a call after it said that your application had been reviewed? and that any decision regarding the application was going to be sent by the office of admissions?

That's exactly what mine has said for the past 3-4 weeks. I still haven't heard anything from admissions. I emailed to ask about it, but they said my file is still being reviewed. I'm thinking they weren't allowed to say over email that I have not been selected for an interview...

Now apparently I have to wait until the end of the cycle to know for sure if I was rejected or not...

Hey guys, I was invited to interview, and my app says still says "complete" My app status never changed.

I hope that Helps :)

Does it say "complete" above the box or below? Mine says "complete" below the box but above it it says that it has been reviewed. Ah! I'm going crazy here!!

Thanks for the info though :)

That's exactly what mine has said for the past 3-4 weeks. I still haven't heard anything from admissions. I emailed to ask about it, but they said my file is still being reviewed. I'm thinking they weren't allowed to say over email that I have not been selected for an interview...

Now apparently I have to wait until the end of the cycle to know for sure if I was rejected or not...

yes, the same thing with me. I emailed and they said the same thing...oh well, we'll see what happens. Trying to stay positive here :)

Archived