Its finally time! Im ready to apply...

Its been 2 years since I made the decision to take another route after I graduated from college in something completely different. Im ready to apply;although, I am a little nervous because my GPA is around 3.3-3.4 in my science courses, but I have 2000+ work related experience (and still working), 1000+ volunteer hours (both hospital/non-hospital related), volunteer as a TA for anatomy, and I have a second job. I still havent done my GRE. So my concern is whether or not I have a chance to even getting an interview. Anyone that sees this, please give me your feed back. I am very nervous and have given up so much to be where I am at today.

No. You can't change it very easily and it's over the threshold for many programs. The rest of your application needs to be as good as you can make it. Take the GRE if your programs want it (and many do). Download the manual from GRE to review the math you'll need. 

Don't worry endlessly and get slaughtered in the trenches! It's time to do what you need to do and run with the record you have.

Good luck!

Question -- if you are applying to only some schools that require the GRE and most that don't and you want to get your app in early, could you submit your app and then send GRE scores to the schools directly given that those schools don't require you to self-report your scores?

Question -- if you are applying to only some schools that require the GRE and most that don't and you want to get your app in early, could you submit your app and then send GRE scores to the schools directly given that those schools don't require you to self-report your scores?

You'd have to check with the schools, but most require that you send your scores to CASPA so that everything is centrally compiled. So you could submit CASPA but don't designate any schools that require the GRE until you've completed it and submitted your scores. Or submit CASPA and designate ALL schools but the ones that require the GRE will probably tell you your app isn't complete until your official scored are posted.

Archived