Hourly wage

Does anyone know what the hourly wage should be for part time 21-24 hours per week in Family medicine in Houston?  Greater than 29 years experience.  Also limited benefits, $500 CME, 1 week vacation, no medical ins. and basic licenses paid for.  Thanks.

Guest Paula

I would ask for at least  $60-65 per hour if an employee with limited benefits and make sure you have liability insurance/tail coverage. 

My last FP job, full time was at $ 58/hr. with full benefits.  They will save a lot of money with the limited benefits you are offered. 

I agree.  That range is fair given the limited benefits.  I do have liability.  I see about 80 patients during my 3 days which equates to approximately $6300-$6700 a week in revenue @ on average $85.00 per patient.

I agree with at least 65 per hour.  I am right around 65 per hour working three days a week (I am still salary but it comes out to 65/hour).  I do get licenses paid for, liability and vacation time, but no health or disability insurance.  I am only seeing around 60 patients a week though, you really could justify asking for more with your volume.  I know there are a few Urgent Care PAs that make 70/hour, this is in North Carolina.  They have a lot of experience and are very productive. 

I just checked the Cost Of Living index, and my city has about a 10% higher index than Houston. I'm getting $55/ hour with benefits at one job, and $55/hr without at another. $60-65 continues to sound just about right for your situation, but don't be shocked if you wind up closer to $55.

http://www.infoplease.com/business/economy/cost-living-index-us-cities.html

need to stop selling yourself short

if you are generating $6000 in 20 hours that is about $300 per hour in revenue

If you were a doc you would be demanding about $150 per hour

you are asking for about 1/3 that

You need to make sure you have your numbers correct, then ask for $100/hour - still $50 less per hour then a doc!

Archived