Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interview was relaxed. There's a presentation on the program first thing (after coffee and bagels and fruit!), then you're broken into groups and do the next three activities in whatever order your group is assigned. Campus tour, writing prompt, interview. The faculty members are SO NICE. Don't stress out. I was told that my interviewer was probably the most strict, but I found my interviewer to be very friendly and warm. There's a decent amount of downtime to talk with the current students and applicants--I found everyone to be extremely welcoming.

I just finished my final interview and decided on UNE! Sent in my deposit this morning! Good luck, everyone!

I also interviewed in September and will be accepting my invite to the program, just paid my deposit!  The previous post about the interview was pretty accurate.  Everyone was very friendly.  The interview group had about 40 or 50 interviewees, so it didn't feel as personalized as some other interviews.  There was a tour, two basic essay questions, and one single 25 minute interview.  Each of these activities had downtime between them to mingle.  My interview was with one faculty member and one alumni, it was recorded and they asked, I believe 5, set questions.  The questions were more ethical/situational style questions.  I finished my interview questions super early, probably 10+ minutes before the time limit.  I basically just talked a lot and asked questions after that to fill up the remaining time.  I was a little concerned about this upon leaving, but it all worked out.

This program is primary care focused and they are also into caring for rural and underserved communities.  This would be a good thing to talk about in the essays/interview.  The current students gave the impression that they helped each other out quite a bit and the program was largely noncompetitive. This might be a good thing to talk about also.

Good luck guys!  It was a relaxed environment, so don't stress out.  Also, definitely go to the social the night before.  It gave a much better insight into the program than the interview itself did.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived