Pediatrics Contract Rural Area

This is copied and pasted from what the doctor sent me, he said to let him know if I want to discuss any changes. I've been in Adult Primarily Care since August 2014 when I graduated. It's also about 60 miles away so I'll have to drive or relocate. It qualifies for loan repayment but I can't apply until next year since the deadline has passed. This is in Florida, any ideas? 

A salary of $80,000 a year payable bi-weekly

CME allowance of $1500 a year.

A total of 3 weeks paid vacation (2 weeks vacation plus 1 week vacation for CME)

401(K)IRA after 1 year in the practice(s)- with profit sharing 

Professional Liability Insurance paid for

Telephone allowance

All Licenses and Academy affiliation fees paid for.

The company does not offer insurance to any employees. 

counter with 90k

3 weeks vacation (of build to there in a few years)

2500 CME with full week

NO call - write it in the contract

90 day termination notice

NO 'non-compete clause'

Full health insurance or a $10,000/year allowance for family health (on top of salary)    This says a lot that they do not offer health insurance for the employees - says they don't really care about them and just want to use them....

honestly with out health insurance I would not take it - the tax implications of paying your own insurance and the hassle is just not worth it and really who does not want their employees to have health insurance???

BTW a Doc would want 180k 4 weeks, full health, and a slew more bennies so you are 1/2 price

Archived