Minimum course load per semester

Does anyone know what the minimum/recommended course load is per semester, generally (besides full-time)? I haven't found any threads that touch on this, nor any info on this for the PA schools in my state. On a side note, I do work full-time in a demanding industry, and  med schools would consider full-time work as an EC; however, I don't know if PA schools would.

Thanks.

EDIT for Clarity: Undergrad course load.

Are you asking what the recommended course load is per semester as a pre-pa during your undergraduate? Or are you talking about during PA school? You don't make your schedule in PA school. You're there full time, and most schools expect you to be there 8A-5P Monday through Friday or something like 8A-8P Monday through Thursday. The rest of the time you are studying. Based on what i've seen, you take between 16-22 credits a semester during your didactic year as a PA student, but i've been told that the credit hours don't mean anything. Working during PA school is very risky, I don't think full-time is possible let alone a part time position. I've heard of people working PRN. PA schools will not make adjustments for anyone working regardless of what it is you do.

There are a few PA schools that offer part-time enrollment. Maybe you should consider that if you want to work while you're in school.

If you're just taking pre reqs and working full time just take what you can, when you can. No need to take 20 credits in a semester just to look tough. I took 10 credits one semester (still not full time status) and only 4 the next simply bc those were the classes I needed. Don't waste money trying to reach a minimum.

Archived