2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys remember if Dr. Jones said at your presentation that you should call the program if you're still waiting by January to let them know that UTSW is your top choice? UTSW really is my #1 choice out of all the programs I applied to and I really feel like they're my perfect "fit" but I don't want to seem pushy or crazy to the admissions staff.

Do you guys remember if Dr. Jones said at your presentation that you should call the program if you're still waiting by January to let them know that UTSW is your top choice? UTSW really is my #1 choice out of all the programs I applied to and I really feel like they're my perfect "fit" but I don't want to seem pushy or crazy to the admissions staff.

I remember them saying to call only if you are accepted at another school (and therefore have only a few days to notify them of your decision), to ask them to review your application to give you an answer (because they are your number one choice) so that you know whether to accept the other school's offer or not based on acceptance or rejection from UTSW.

• 2 weeks later...

At the interview this past weekend, the staff said rejections will be sent by email towards the end of the week. Waitlist notification will come by snail mail and will arrive by the end of the week/beginning of next week. Hopefully we all get phone calls today. :)

Edit: ^ I think this info applies to all the interviewees, not just the people who interviewed this past weekend. I understood that the board is meeting today to fill the class.

At the interview this past weekend, the staff said rejections will be sent by email towards the end of the week. Waitlist notification will come by snail mail and will arrive by the end of the week/beginning of next week. Hopefully we all get phone calls today. :)

Edit: ^ I think this info applies to all the interviewees, not just the people who interviewed this past weekend. I understood that the board is meeting today to fill the class.

Archived