2011-2012 Application Cycle

Hey all, I'm in the class of 2013 and just want to say be patient with interview notifications and don't get discouraged. I have classmates who got interview notifications in December, interviewed in January and are in my class :). You all are applying to a fantastic school!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This is UTSW's response to an email I sent regarding the status of my application:

"Applications are being reviewed at this time. If you have a interview you will get a letter in the mail a month prior to the interview date. September is filled but October, November and January are not filled yet. If you are going to be rejected you will get a email after October 1st."Hope this helps!

Hannah

Just got back from the meet and greet. Such an awesome experience and everyone was extremely nice. Unfortunately, I couldn't really get myself to eat anything because I was too nervous. Nonetheless, it was very informative and great meeting the other applicants, current students, and faculty. Dr. Jones is such an easy going and approachable person as well. Tomorrow morning is the interview, so I guess I better try to get some shut eye. Wish me luck everyone!

Khoi

Thanks Jcsabo. You are interviewed by different people in 10 different stations. I know you've heard this before, but I'll say it again to reiterate its importance. You truly cannot prepare for this so just be yourself. I am sure that you may think exactly what I was thinking prior to the interview.."How can I not prepare for one of the biggest opportunities in my life?" But you will see once you experience it. My best advice to you is to try to spend the week of the interview relaxing, clearing your thoughts from any stress, and maybe even get a massage from Massage Envy :smile: You'll do great! Good luck!

Best Regards,

Khoi

Did many non-texan applicants get interviews? I'm from DC but am pretty bummed I wasn't offered an interview for this program. I REALLY wanted to interview :( If you don't mind sharing your stats, especially non-texans, I'd appreciate it!

Mine:

-Undergrad GPA (Biology): 3.53

-Grad GPA (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology: 3.7GPA

-First author publication in a top Biochem journal

-1,600 hours patient care experience (transplant unit in addition to all other units in hospital)

- 8 years research experience

- lots of volunteer experience

- great letters of rec

- owner of non-profit preventative medicine website

Again, really really bummed.

Congratulations to those that did receive interviews!

Archived