Separating health care experience

The quote I included on your other thread about working/shadowing is pretty clear:

You may NOT repeat hours between the sections. If the position duties encompass more than one section, enter the position in both sections and divide the hours and duties accordingly. (Example: a 40 hr/wk position with 10 hrs/wk of research and 30 hrs/wk of direct patient care would be entered under both research and patient care sections with the appropriate hours and duties listed within each section.)

I would say it answers this question too.

• 3 months later...

I just switched departments in the hospital where I work. Still have the same title just different unit. I was reading the CASPA FAQ but it wasn't clear to me whether or not I should list these separately. I am leaning towards listing them separately. Any opinions?

• Administrator

I just switched departments in the hospital where I work. Still have the same title just different unit. I was reading the CASPA FAQ but it wasn't clear to me whether or not I should list these separately. I am leaning towards listing them separately. Any opinions?

Really depends on how different the responsibilities are.  If really similar (e.g., you went from one med surg floor to another) I'd probably cram them together.  If a big deal (from patient transporter to ER tech), I'd definitely separate them.  In between... you have a grey area.

Archived