How to approach a PA about shadowing?

I currently am in the process of beginning to look for shadowing opportunities. There is a very large network of PAs where I live, in list form, but I am unsure of how to approach them to ask for permission/willingness to allow me to shadow.

What suggestions would any of you have as far as asking to shadow? Thank you in advance. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think a general letter of interest should be typed up. Personally, I have heard that it is best that you go directly to the location of interest instead of calling or emailing. You could inquire with the front desk and leave your letter of interest. I am going to try that first and am currently typing up my letter of interest. I am curious, how did you get a list of PAs in your area? I'm having the toughest time finding PAs in my area. I've contacted Universities with PA programs to see if they have any sort of alumni shadowing organization and have come up with nothing. Hope my suggestions help and I look forward to hearing your input as well! 

Archived