Interest in Welch Allyn/Litman III

5-year PA here. Littman Cardiology III is basically the gold standard. I removed the diaphragm and replaced it with a SafeSeal, personally, because I can change those every x number of patients and they sound great, plus little kids think they're interesting.

Reister Cardiofon has one that's very similar, and really nice. Kind of heavy. I had one, but it got lost or stolen someplace along the way. For a while I was into DRG.

Basically, get something with two heads/ two sides, and you should be able to do anything you need to do.

Nobody cares about colors, unless you're someone who loses their stuff. Having the one that looks different can be a blessing and a curse.

Finally, it's my sworn duty to complain about anyone starring PA school that hasn't had a need to own a stethoscope already. What are kids today doing for paid healthcare experience, anyway? Get off my lawn, etc etc etc

• Administrator

And thus, I have a Cardiology III at work that was a PA school sendoff gift from my fire department (fire engine red... gotta love it.  It's unique in my office even without the inscription), a black (booooring...) Cardiology III which was part of the PA school standard equipment package that's my home/backup, and a Master Cardiology which I bought myself after EMT school that lives in my backpack.

Archived