Comment on new AAPA paper

None of this means a damn thing if we don't have physician champions to get our seat at the table within the hospital medical staffs and clinic hierarchies around the country, to IMPLEMENT this change.  I can tell you for certainty that the docs that sit on the medical staff board at my hospital could give a rat's ass what we or the AAPA think we should be called or what our scope of practice should be...sorry for the Debbie Downer dose of reality but it struck a nerve...

None of this means a damn thing if we don't have physician champions to get our seat at the table within the hospital medical staffs and clinic hierarchies around the country, to IMPLEMENT this change. I can tell you for certainty that the docs that sit on the medical staff board at my hospital could give a rat's ass what we or the AAPA think we should be called or what our scope of practice should be...sorry for the Debbie Downer dose of reality but it struck a nerve...

If it puts this conversation in perspective for you, I'm not sure anyone has hopes that a conversation on PA Forum will actually get anything done. It's just a place to vent while real life happens elsewhere. Maybe MDs care maybe they don't. I do know DOs got their way despite establishment adversity, and DCs, NDs, and (D)NPs are well on their way now as well. Why can't we be too?

Archived