Feedback on FP position at community health clinic

Hi everyone!

I'm a new grad and I just got an offer from one of my rotation sites and I just wanted to make the right decision for my first job.

The job is at a Community Health Clinic with PAs and NPs as well as other physicians. 

FT min 40hr work week, with coordinated on call schedule

• Base Salary: $80,000 and renegotiation Qyr on renewal of contract
  • 403(b) contributions: Discretionary quarterly match of up to 100% of 3% and an annual employer discretionary contribution 2% (pre-taxed) 
  • Productivity Bonus: for every 100 pts seen over the quota of 900 pts/qtr will be given an extra $1300
  • Quality Metrics: Maximum of $6000
  • Malpractice w/ tail coverage provided
  • NHSC score of 20 aka highly probable to receive 50k for 2 years of work, and then must again to receive an extra 20k for another year of participation
  • individual health insurance (dental/vision extra)
  • Life insurance equal to annual salary

PTO:

• 3 weeks vacation
  • 6 holidays
  • 3 floating holidays after the first 90 days of employment (will be forfeited after 6 months of that holiday)
  • 12d sick leave per year
  • 5 days and $2000 for CME and licensing fees

I tried pushing for a higher salary at this point, but they were steadfast in their salary quote. If I can get any insight I would greatly appreciate it seeing as how this is my first offer, thanks everyone!

Loan repayment is NOT compensation from the employer. It is a contract with the feds, not the health center. Don't let that be a negotiable factor. What happens if you apply for loan forgiveness and get rejected? Will they pump up your salary? Doubt it. Other than that I think it looks like a good deal. I graduate in February and I'm on stand by for an offer from a comm health center and I would take this deal, although I would ask for 90k and see what they come back with.

Loan repayment is NOT compensation from the employer. It is a contract with the feds, not the health center. Don't let that be a negotiable factor. What happens if you apply for loan forgiveness and get rejected? Will they pump up your salary? Doubt it. Other than that I think it looks like a good deal. I graduate in February and I'm on stand by for an offer from a comm health center and I would take this deal, although I would ask for 90k and see what they come back with.

90k for a new grad in fp is unlikley.....many fp pas with experience barely make 90k...

90k for a new grad in fp is unlikley.....many fp pas with experience barely make 90k...

I actually tried for 87500 because I told them that I already speak spanish with the majority of their patient pop, using my native vietnamese to help with new patients that will be coming to the clinic, and the fact that I already get along with all of the staff, MAs, and health care clinicians. They still shot me down :'(

Archived