Late applications

I understand that applying early is good for your chances to get in but has anyone every tried to apply later in the cycle like September end ? What I feel is when the initial rush is over and people get multiple offers , there might be seats left .

one person requires one seat and most applicants get multiple offers .. So is it possible that when the mad rush is over there are still chances .

I was getting discouraged by seeing everyone getting offer when I just sent my application ! So thought might ask ????

Thanks in advance

one person requires one seat and most applicants get multiple offers .. So is it possible that when the mad rush is over there are still chances .

While this is true, on average, schools receive about 800-1000 applications for 30-50 seats depending on the program, some are much larger. When the mad rush is over, your chances of getting accepted decreases dramatically. Some programs are still taking apps at this point though. I applied to one that had a Nov. 1st deadline and another that had a Jan deadline.

This is the reason why programs have alternative/waitlists. Those people take the spots that open up. There's not advantage of applying late, only a disadvantage. Most programs have rolling admissions. However, incase you're worrying about applying to late, I applied in late August and got a couple of interviews so far!

This is the reason why programs have alternative/waitlists. Those people take the spots that open up. There's not advantage of applying late, only a disadvantage. Most programs have rolling admissions. However, incase you're worrying about applying to late, I applied in late August and got a couple of interviews so far!

I would like to correct this - MOST programs do not have rolling admissions. Some have strict rolling, some have strict non-rolling, and others have a hybrid of rolling and non-rolling. It is important to know that not all programs have rolling admissions but also important to know that applying early is always your best option. If circumstances prevented you from doing so, programs must honor and consider all applications that are eligible before their deadline, so if their deadline is December 1 but they have already filled their class, they still must review and consider your application, even if it is for a wait list. 

Awesome dndandrea ..I apllied later on 15 September .. To 15 programs all over the country Guess I am at loss this time but could not help it .. Some things were not in place! Maybe next time .

Don't be discouraged because you couldn't apply before September 15. A lot of programs may start interviewing before this date, but I would be willing to bet nobody has their class filled unless they are a January start program. I can't promise you will get an interview but all is not lost. If you are a strong applicant and applied to the right programs, you are not 'out'. 

Archived