old dorm write up

I wish I was but it is recorded in the office of my dean and won't be expunged for another 3 years. That is the main reason I am concerned.

Most PA schools encourage running. Both literally as physical exercise and figuratively as an action of the expediency required to catch the volume of material expected of you.

Your running infraction is a badge of honor.

Most PA schools encourage running. Both literally as physical exercise and figuratively as an action of the expediency required to catch the volume of material expected of you. Your running infraction is a badge of honor.

Doesn't this technically count as misconduct and should be marked on CASPA in that section? I just dont want to breeze it over and have them check my disciplinary records and get kicked out over integrity issues and vice versa I dont want my application to be delayed a review because I marked that section.

Doesn't this technically count as misconduct and should be marked on CASPA in that section? I just dont want to breeze it over and have them check my disciplinary records and get kicked out over integrity issues and vice versa I dont want my application to be delayed a review because I marked that section.

Running in the halls. The last time I heard that as an "infraction" was Mrs. McConnell's 5th grade class.

If your COLLEGE puts this incredibly silly thing on your Official Transcript (get a copy and look) then sure, list it.

I have a good feeling that 99.99% of PA programs would think your school absurd for having something like this on your record. They simply won't care.

The fact that I'm typing this makes me hate your school...unless by running in the dorm hallway you actually meant running in the neonatal ICU with an open box of scissors and sharp tacks. If THAT was the case, yes, plz list.

Running in the halls. The last time I heard that as an "infraction" was Mrs. McConnell's 5th grade class. If your COLLEGE puts this incredibly silly thing on your Official Transcript (get a copy and look) then sure, list it. I have a good feeling that 99.99% of PA programs would think your school absurd for having something like this on your record. They simply won't care. The fact that I'm typing this makes me hate your school...unless by running in the dorm hallway you actually meant running in the neonatal ICU with an open box of scissors and sharp tacks. If THAT was the case, yes, plz list.

It certainly is not on my official transcript. However, it is on my disciplinary record, so if a PA program asked my dean to disclose my disciplinary record they would see it.

no.....unless you have a significant misdemeanor or felony no one cares.

you can let this go and breathe easy. I say this as someone who have served on admissions committees at 2 programs.

So misdemeanors and felonies are the only things taken into consideration, generally? I appreciate your responses, I am much calmer now : )

They are generally looking for academic misconduct (ie. cheating, put on probation or expelled for poor grades), professional misconduct (loosing a professional liscense or censure), or criminal misconduct (activity that would show up on a criminal background check with the state or FBI). The biggest "gray areas" usually involve infractions related to alcohol.

What they aren't looking for is general school-specific rule-breaking or roudiness, like partying after quiet hours, getting caught with your signifigant other in the library stacks after closing, stealing lunch trays for winter sledding or your running incident. The only reason to include it is to get a chuckle. :)

Archived