Alternates 2010-2011

Hey everyone. I was recently accepted off the alternate list as well! I wanted to add, although the email inviting us on the alternate list said we needed to turn in our "Confirmation of Alternate Status" form by 3/24, the actual mailed letter listed the deadline as 4/8. The letter also stated that alternates were to be offered seats starting in "mid-April". I'm not sure but I have a feeling that a lot more of us are going to be offered seats in the next couple of weeks. Good luck everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am still on the alternate list... Waiting to hear back and I'm on the edge of my seat! I would love to just see a (1) in my inbox from Western... So, they contact you by email if you're off the alternate list? Man, crossing my fingers! Congrats to everyone else who got in!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After interviewing, some candidates are placed on the "alternate list"...as far as I recall they do not rank the alternates at WUHS. These "alternates" are people who make the admissions commitee think they may want to have them in the program...but they have slight hesitation from just full out accepting them and so they save them to see if they don't get enough people they want to accept (or people who were accepted chose other programs) by the end of the interview process then they will review all those on the "alternate" list to see if anyone is "acceptable" at that point to pull from the alt. list to completely fill the 98 seats they have for the matriculating class. The people posting above most likely applied last cycle 2010-2011 and have been waiting in suspense since last Sept-this March and found they were alternates and have then been pulled of the list and accepted to start this August in the program. I was an alternate from 2009-2010 cycle, I waited until August 2010 to find I didn't get in...

~Hopefully that all makes sense to you~

Archived