Is it worth retaking Physics?

Hello,

I have a C in Physics II (4 credit hour class) and I calculated my science GPA to be a 3.41. If I retook it and made an A, it would be 3.46. Is it worth retaking this course? Thank you in advance.

My thoughts are that you can spend more time on other things, such as more experience or shadowing, rather than retaking the course. I had three C's - both general chemistry and organic - and I was still accepted to both of my programs I applied to. I had a 3.4 science, 3.7 overall, and 3.3 key. It depends on where you apply to, of course, but my programs told me that while the C's weren't amazing, I made up for them in other places. I took an extra anatomy instead of retaking my classes! I guess you should ask yourself if the rest of your app is strong enough to back up one C! Hope this helps! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts are that you can spend more time on other things, such as more experience or shadowing, rather than retaking the course. I had three C's - both general chemistry and organic - and I was still accepted to both of my programs I applied to. I had a 3.4 science, 3.7 overall, and 3.3 key. It depends on where you apply to, of course, but my programs told me that while the C's weren't amazing, I made up for them in other places. I took an extra anatomy instead of retaking my classes! I guess you should ask yourself if the rest of your app is strong enough to back up one C! Hope this helps! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks lmchel for replying. You're right about strengthening other parts of the app. That C really bothers me though.

Archived