Campbell University Interviews 2014-2015

I received an email this morning informing me that the admissions committee has chosen to extend the review of my application. For those who've previously received this status, have you received any further notification or have you been able to get any further clarification on what exactly that means by contacting Campbell's PA admissions office?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an email this morning informing me that the admissions committee has chosen to extend the review of my application. For those who've previously received this status, have you received any further notification or have you been able to get any further clarification on what exactly that means by contacting Campbell's PA admissions office?

I got the same email back in September . I think it basically means that they like you but want to interview everyone before deciding. I haven't heard anything else from them since then unfortunately. I asked about what it meant and they gave me that general answer of just waiting till the interview more people until they decide.

I got the same email back in September . I think it basically means that they like you but want to interview everyone before deciding. I haven't heard anything else from them since then unfortunately. I asked about what it meant and they gave me that general answer of just waiting till the interview more people until they decide.

Was informed I have been placed on the waitlist on last Thursday. Crossing my fingers for an accepted call. Does anyone know if its better to be in the extended review or waitlist status? I interview on the 6th and everyone seemed well qualified I am sure its a very tough decision, best of luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Found out that I was wait listed after my interview on the 3rd! Does anyone understand the whole waitlist vs placed on hold status? They described it a little during the interview but not very clearly. If a spot opens up, is it offered to someone on the waitlist or someone on hold?

I also was wait listed from the December 3rd group. I believe the wait list status means that they are hoping to offer your an acceptance letter, but they would like to see what the other rounds of interviews have to offer before extending you an invite. I am not sure either as to what the hold status means, but hopefully we will both hear positive news in the coming months!

The hold for comparison means that they want to extend the review of your application, along with the other candidates who they are interviewing at later dates. This means that you could be hold for comparison and they review your application after the next interview cycle and they could accept you, deny you, or wait list (I think). 

I think there are pros and cons to each. Whereas wait list people are offered a spot if one becomes available (not a guarantee), the hold for comparison could be accepted or denied - but they are still actively being considered for a spot.

At least this is how it was explained to me at my interview at Campbell! I hope that makes sense!

@willber They told us at the interview that they wouldn't tell applicants on the wait list what number they are. I guess because it changes so often it would be difficult to constantly update applicants. One of the current students told me not to worry if you are waitlisted because it the admission committee could easily go through 50 waitlist applicants. I assume it's a pretty big wait list.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived