Cheating Scandal one reason for Probation?

Maybe you can illuminate us on where you got your info.  I would think a simple google search and or search on this forum would give you your answer.  I think it was made pretty clear as to how and why, but I am always open to people with only one post to their name who might have more/different reliable information.  We already had a troll that was doing something similar with three different accounts.

From what I hear, there was a cheating scandal at TTU and maybe that's the reason for the probation period?

My position on posting heresay (which is just gossip), is that it is unprofessional because it maligns the party in question without offering facts. After a bunch of people have speculated on the heresay, in the minds of many, it becomes fact. It is probable that more than one school has had to deal with cheating but, with regard to TTU's probation, they were very upfront that the probation was due to administrative issues and that changes were made to deal with those issues. It seems unlikely that they would have tried, after being put on probation, to hide a cheating scandal serious enough to result in probation. For one, they would have had to dismiss a bunch of students and a lot of people would have known about it.

I know that TTU takes steps to prevent cheating so they know it can happen. For example, tests are often taken by students using their computers in a large classroom and students are required to have privacy screens. I don't know if widespread cheating has ever been an issue, but it seems to have nothing to do with probation. Perhaps a current student could elaborate with some actual facts.

The interesting thing about cheating in PA school, as a general topic, is that all PA students have to pass the PANCE to have a career.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm currently a student at tech and I can assure you that no one cheats here and numerous steps are taken to prevent cheating. There are multiple proctors in every exam I've sat through as well as the requirement of a privacy screen and you're being recorded simultaneously (both visual/audio).

On top of that the students' here have high standards. We all abide by an honor code and we wouldn't cheat

I'm currently a student at tech and I can assure you that no one cheats here and numerous steps are taken to prevent cheating. There are multiple proctors in every exam I've sat through as well as the requirement of a privacy screen and you're being recorded simultaneously (both visual/audio).

On top of that the students' here have high standards. We all abide by an honor code and we wouldn't cheat

Thank you for that information. IMO, unsubstantiated allegations do everyone a disservice and really have no in a professional forum. It's great to have current students who can offer useful information and help set the record straight.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived