Will I get it??

I am a senior in my undergrad right now. I have a 3.9 GPA and a 3.75 science. I have not taken the GRE yet, only a practice test which I got 150V and 142Q on. I plan to improve that before I take it for real next month. I have shadowed almost 70 hours and I have volunteered in an ER for over 300 hours. Would I still be competitive if I did not improve my GRE a lot? What if I did? What are my chances to get in do you think? Thanks!

You need a 300 minimum. Since you don't have paid clinical experience, I suggest scoring very high on the GRE to be competitive. Browse through the Applicant Stats page to see where you rank up.

Is that the unspoken cut off for some school?  I've seen a lot of schools say there is no "cut-off" score.  I have a 259....so I would hate to not get accepted for that reason. 

I think your academics are excellent but as previously mentioned having limited clinical or healthcare experience may hurt you quite a bit. 

I did attend one of Trevecca's info sessions and they stated that 300 is a cutoff for them, however, exceptions can be made. This isn't likely though as they have hundreds of applications that meet both GRE and GPA minimums. A 259 is extremely low though, so I would recommend getting that score up to at least 290's if you want a shot. I've heard the prep courses help a lot if you can afford it. I had to retake the exam a few times to get a good score. 

I just submitted by application a few days ago and was verified this morning! Hopefully the waiting game isn't too bad, best of luck to you all! Anyone else applying to Trevecca from out of state/Ohio area?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ohioguy91! I'm from Ohio, too! I visited Nashville a few months ago and totally fell in love with the city and the whole surrounding area, and the school itself. TN as a whole is very appealing to me, and I'm applying to Lincoln Memorial and South College as well.

Trevecca puts very little emphasis on clinical experience and work hours. They much prefer to see people with shadowing experience.

I agree, 259 is quite low. It's worth it to invest the time to improve your score. Many schools have minimum requirements higher than that.

• 2 months later...

@arosswoods they are on a rolling admissions system, so possibly, but I know they usually interview some groups as late as January if they don't fill up before then. If you just got your app in, I wouldn't expect to hear back until their later interview dates. This is all assuming the process hasn't changed from previous years (see threads on prior admission cycles). 

Wow that's really disappointing. I hate that every school is so different - makes it hard when you have to make a decision about a program without hearing back from the others. Fortunately the other 4 schools I've applied to have already begun the interview process, so I will likely withdrawal from Trevecca if I get an offer from any of them solely because of the timeline. Bummer. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived