PAs jobs in San Francisco

I am in the same boat! Just graduated and will be getting married in April and moving to downtown SF. I've been browsing the internet for job postings and it's not looking good! I'm pretty much open to anything that is okay hiring a new grad! I currently live in Orange County, and it seems like there is much more opportunity down here then up north. Any updates?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone--

Thanks to all of you who posted on this thread, your responses have been very helpful. I have been a PA for 6 years after graduating from Cornell's program, and have worked in cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, anesthesia, and gen surg, as well as emergency medicine per diem. I just got back from a trip to San Diego and have absolutely fallen in love with California. I currently live in Boston, but would like to make the transition to San Diego or some other city in or close to Southern California, although I need to stay at my current job (been there 8 months) to garner some more tenure in my current position, to avoid the job-hopper look on my CV. I basically would be staying here another 1 1/2 yrs to give them at least 2 years total. In addition to looking up hospitals in the areas I'm interested in and then looking at their job websites, I decided it might make sense to also become a member of the state PA organization, in the interest of (a) becoming familiar with the differences in practice climate and PA friendliness, and (b) to possibly make some connections and have access to their job database. I've also wondered whether doing some locum tenens work at first would be a good way to become familiar with the medical scene in California, so I've been looking at a couple of sites for that here and there. I think I would fit in quite well, as I am fluent in Spanish (and also speak Portuguese and French), so my language skills would be really appropriate to the area.

Any input as to whether what I've described above is a good approach, as well as any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

San Jose/south Bay has a bunch of ED PA jobs some are paying new grads 114K per annum. Also I have heard of some open slots in surgery down in that area. I plan on living in the east bay so its kinda slim pickins and the pay is much less. I just took PANCE today so I'm still reeling from that menace but will be actively sending out CV's and using old contacts soon.

Joelseff:

$114K to a new grad???? That's insane. But awesome at the same time. No new grad would ever make more than, say, $80K in Boston (or anywhere else in Massachusetts that I'm aware of). And Boston is expensive. Thanks very much for the info, and congrats on making it through PA school and the PANCE!

Lissette

• 1 month later...

If you have experience I saw a BUNCH of listings on craigslist. Thats actually where I found my job (West Contra Costa County) I got turned down by a couple of jobs like one at Kaiser Walnut Creek for surgery. I applied and rec'd an email that read

"Dear Joelseff,

Thank you for applying, but if you notice, the position is for EXPERIENCED PA's.

Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,

Kaiser hiring dude.

LOL

Unfortunately, I am a new grad and that's the problem I'm experiencing... I'm crossing my fingers that I find something in the city...

If you have experience I saw a BUNCH of listings on craigslist. Thats actually where I found my job (West Contra Costa County) I got turned down by a couple of jobs like one at Kaiser Walnut Creek for surgery. I applied and rec'd an email that read

"Dear Joelseff,

Thank you for applying, but if you notice, the position is for EXPERIENCED PA's.

Sincerely,

Kaiser hiring dude.

LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Joelseff, harsh letter. HAHA. You had mentioned that there were some EM positions in the South Bay area. I haven't seen anything similar on Craigslist, CAPA, SEMPA, or Indeed. Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of the info.

It seems now that Kaiser isn't even bothering with that letter. I applied to a few jobs at Kaiser Oakland over the last few months and have heard nothing!

"Dear Joelseff,

Sincerely,

Kaiser hiring dude.

LOL

Archived