How much did Medicare pay for your services?

If you are searching this, you may try just the zip code of your practice. However it needs to be the ZIP code for the Legal home of the practice, which might be different from the physical location.

Also, this is a good way to see if he and primary care they are billing underneath your own you UPIN or the doctors.  My primary job did not even show up for myself. 100% of my billings were under the doc

coloradopa, do you know if is this Part A or B? I must admit I am leery of this release of this information which can cite privacy concerns and potential misuse of the data. 4wzja85.jpg

Source: WSJ

Part B only. Your services should not be placed under part A. As far as privacy concerns its publicly available data according to the courts. Thats not going to change. As far as privacy concerns, the NPI information has always been available. Make sure you don't use your home address for your NPI (or you license). 

I think that this will be a tremendous win for PAs. There are too many practices that are billing for our Medicare services under physicians NPIs (either fraudulently or under incident to or shared billing). Given that incident to is very difficult to actually do this probably also represents fraud. There was a quote from a orthopod that was making $4mil per year. He claimed that it was because they were billing the PAs and PTs under the physicians NPI. Not sure about PTs but all the PA first assist fees, outpatient consults and non incident to follow up should be billed under the PA NPI. There are going to be a lot of practices scrambling to fix this so that PAs get proper credit for what we do. We have a paper in production (abstract available at AAPA) which shows around half of critical care PAs do not bill for their services. The truth is that many practices remain largely clueless on how to bill for PAs. 

PA billing is a huge issue

if the bill as incident to they get 100%

if they bill through the PA they only get 85%

if you are paid based on productivity this 15% helps you and the practice....

sort of brings up the point it really makes no sense to pay us less..... we deliver the same service....

does someone only have 85% of a cold if i see them ?  or 85% of a uti??

If you are working hard you are likely bringin in between 200-300k per year - 15% of this is $30k-$45k...... not chump change.....

Archived