Bill O'Reilly and The Factor

Doesn't matter that there are more MD/DO schools and students.  Number of residency spots are unchanged. 

that essentially means that FMGs won't get spots unless they come from more reputable countries like England and Australia. the days of carib grads getting residencies in the u.s. are likely coming to an end...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that essentially means that FMGs won't get spots unless they come from more reputable countries like England and Australia. the days of carib grads getting residencies in the u.s. are likely coming to an end...

It also means that there is no increase in MD/DOs when there is an ever increasing need for them (and all other healthcare providers for that matter).  I rarely see people railing against the government for this issue of not increasing residency slots and wonder about it.   I contribute it to ignorance of the specifics as I only found out by exploring medical school as an option for a career and talking with several physician friends.  Ah well.

Apparently this year's residency match was the most competitive in many years. Especially FM residencies--interestingly enough. Sounds like people are anticipating higher pay for PC as speculated by many in our health care "reform".

Very interesting, and actually kind of encouraging.  I really want to go into family practice and I'm hoping that eventually salaries in primary care catch up with specialty salaries.  As an aside, I hope the match worked out well for you.  I would think you'd be at the top of many lists, given your clinical experience.  I hope that was the case.

The problem is there are a lot of dumb people out there that take everything that comes out of Bill-Os mouth as the gospel.

Before you know it, Mary tells John, John tells Susan, and Susan tells Frank that PAs only have CC educations and now none of them want to be seen by a PA...no matter how hard you hit them with your diploma/credentials.

It hurts the PA image, and the sheeple are many.

Sent from the Satellite of Love using Tapatalk

This guy's show is based around saying absolutely anything to get views by pissing off whoever he is interviewing/arguing with.  I don't watch the show, but I'd be surprised if he ever apologized for any of the what I'm sure must be many issues that pissed a lot more people off to a greater extent than this comment.  Yes it undoubtably hurts our image but really to what extent that will ever bleed into our practices I am very unsure of.

All I'm saying is to get this guy to apologize... a lot of wasted effort in vain.  That effort can be applied in many more efficient ways.  Just my opinion. 

This guy's show is based around saying absolutely anything to get views by pissing off whoever he is interviewing/arguing with.  I don't watch the show, but I'd be surprised if he ever apologized for any of the what I'm sure must be many issues that pissed a lot more people off to a greater extent than this comment.  Yes it undoubtably hurts our image but really to what extent that will ever bleed into our practices I am very unsure of.

All I'm saying is to get this guy to apologize... a lot of wasted effort in vain.  That effort can be applied in many more efficient ways.  Just my opinion. 

I disagree about what O'Reilly's show is about.  But I agree that he'll never apologize to PAs....ever.  The best that we could hope for would be that someone might someday give him a 30 second primer on the PA profession so that his future comments about us might be more accurate.

Archived