Bachelors from other country, looking to become PA in USA

Hi, I have done Bachelors in General Medicine from Europe. Recently moved to United States, currently a permanent resident here and soon would be citizen. I live in North Carolina and want to pursue PA. From my research so far in North Carolina all PA programs except Duke require a United States Bachelor degree and some of them categaroically says they won`t accept a bachelors from anywhere else but US. Only Duke asks one to have atleast 30 credits done in US. But I can not take a chance to be eligible for Duke only and pursue those 30 credits and then lose a year and not gain admission.

So I wanted to find out if there are any programs that would take my bachelors (it has been already evaluated from WES and its equivalent to US bachelor) and just require me to complete some prerequisites? I wish I could find programs in North Carolina as I don`t want to move from here but so far Duke is only one where i can be eligible in a year. 

My GPA does not look great from my bachelor`s so is there a way to improve on that? 

* for not pursuing MD route, well I researched into it and looks long and I see mostly Foreign graduates are not getting much choice in residencies either. I started a new family so need to have my career started as soon as possible and MD route has lot of uncertainities for someone who did not do medical school here. 

• Administrator

Yes, many programs will take non-US bachelor's with appropriate equivalency evaluation services.

Taking classes here and getting a good GPA can only help your cause.

If you're only looking at getting into Duke... well, good luck with that.  Anyone who restricts their PA school application to just one program risks everything on that one decision process, speaking as someone who did that my first year of applying and didn't get in.

Archived