Well, look whose moved into the neighborhood

PA Telemedicine Providers

TeleCure - Dallas, TX

Apply from your phone

Virtual Urgent Care Clinic is looking for a Texas based Medical Doctor and/or Physician Assistant for Immediate Hire.

JOB SUMMARY:

Treat patients on-the-go or from the comfort of your own home. When a patient is ready, you will receive a notification on your mobile device and you can choose whether or not to take the consultation. The patients have all been triaged by an MA, giving you the ability to review the patients' health records prior to speaking with them.

We only treat patients without serious pre-existing health conditions for common illnesses which are not life threatening.

List of Conditions We Treat:

1) Cough, Cold and Flu

2) Sinus, ear and eye infection

3) Headache

4) Bronchitis

5) Acne and skin conditions

6) Stomach ache

7) Allergies

8) Urinary Tract Infections

MEDICAL LIABILITY INSURANCE:

1. All of our providers are covered under our medical liability insurance.

EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:

1. Successfully graduated from an accredited program.

2. Successful completion of clinical affiliations.

3. Must possess a current license to practice medicine in the state of TX and TX DEA license.

4. Knowledge of advanced medical terminology.

5. Knowledge of basic ER, internal medicine, generalist, occupational medicine, and family practice

procedures.

LANGUAGE SKILLS:

1. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and written.

2. An exceptional communicator, orally and written.

3. Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal with patients and families, clients,

coworkers, clinical staff and physicians.

COMPENSATION:

1. $5 per 5 minutes of video conferencing with a patient ($60 - $70 per hour).

Please send us a copy of your resume and we will get back to you within 48 hours.

And all his w/o a stethoscope, otoscope, tongue blade. Oh, BTW, don't miss the need to be able to prescribe narcs/controlled substances. Medicine in your PJ's!

The apps are popping up for cell phones and telemed companies like American Well are spamming twitter with slogans like "Don't wait in line at Urgent Care, talk to a doctor now!"

Sounds like a horrible idea to me, but it's nothing new. Just more widely available to the public due to smart phones/webcams.

Sent from the Satellite of Love using Tapatalk

I can see it now.  Get the ap, submit debit card payment, talk to the "doc" go to the pharmacy to pick up your Z-pack and when you pull out your debit card to pay, it is declined.  You check you bank account and your whole account is at zero including savings.  

Great scam.  

^^^^ me too Paula, If I did, my great mentor would be turning over in his grave...

I don't disagree. It's just that isolated bronchitis that's an actual pneumonia or that stomach ache that's the ruptured, smoldering appy that would concern me. That would be a lot of chit-chat to reach that $70/hr for 8 hours.

Was thinking the same thing....

Sent by my Samsung S4 Active via Tapatalk

I can see it now...video chat, Eastern European accent, cigarette hanging out from a lipstick encrusted pair of lips, with a pink terry cloth robe on. And this is the provider! OK, so there's nothing on TV.

Sounds like me on a Saturday, without the cigarette or accent, unless you can count my mid-western twang with a bit of ya, sure ya betcha and yooper idioms.  

From their web site:

We can safely and legally perform many urgent care medical procedures over the phone.   

They also treat Erectile Dysfunction and STD's. 

The sad part is, there is probably a EULA when you install/run the app where you must waive your right to sue the telemed company for damages, misdiagnosis. Or you are forced to agree to binding arbitration like with Microsoft.

I'm sure the company shifts legal responsibility squarely on the contracted providers as well.

No good kids.

Make up the guest room in your telemedicine-funded Hawaii mansion for me!

I don't know if it's via Skype. Maybe it's just phone? That's even worse. It reminds me of the ludicrous House episode where he video-chats with someone in Antarctica and just talks a mechanic through performing a cranial trephination.

Make up the guest room in your telemedicine-funded Hawaii mansion for me!

I don't know if it's via Skype. Maybe it's just phone? That's even worse. It reminds me of the ludicrous House episode where he video-chats with someone in Antarctica and just talks a mechanic through performing a cranial trephination.

Great episode! ;)

Yup it's via Skype or a "Face Time" like app on your smart phone. You enter the call and "cam" with the provider.

They dispense prescriptions electronically.

Archived