Office Assistant (Health Aide)

Hello, I just received an interview for this type of position and I was wondering if this would count as direct patient interaction? If I would do this for a year, would that be helpful for me to apply for PA school? 

Thank you in advance

JOB SUMMARY:
To provide a variety of first aid and/or routine health services to students in support of the District Health Services program; and to perform a variety of clerical functions in a school site or health clinic.

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:

Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Administers first aid to students in accordance with Board policy.
  • Performs a variety of direct services to students, including distributing and monitoring prescribed medications and blood sugar tests.
  • Conducts head lice examination.
  • Maintains health office supplies and equipment.
  • Stocks and distributes first aid supplies.
  • Maintains the health office environment, including bulletin board displays and exhibits.
  • May provide transportation to parents and children as needed.
  • May make home visits on health related matters as directed.
  • Makes appointments for the school nurse with students, parents, teachers and community agency personnel.
  • Assists with scheduling appointments, preparing equipment and records.
  • Records health related information in student cumulative records.
  • Types, duplicates, collates, and distributes material.
  • Assists the school nurse by ordering materials for use in health related presentations.
  • Maintains the health office informational pamphlets and other related materials.
  • Prepares and maintains a variety of manual and computer generated reports and records.
  • Performs job related duties as assigned.

Archived